I was recently asked by Wendy's® to try their new smoked Gouda Chicken on Brioche sandwich and share with you my thoughts. And it really got me thinking! I've been having a lot of those "Oh my gosh, I'm so old" moments lately-- which is pretty sad when you think about it, considering I'm only 24 years old. I get excited over things like loom knitting and home remodels while I still see photos of my friends from high school and college still obsessing over the bar and party scene. Yeah, so not my thing! It's amazing to really take a step back and see how much I've grown up in just the past couple of years.
I'm "wise" beyond my years, if you will. Let's face it. Half the time I feel like I'm closer to a 30 year old than a 20 year old. And I don't see a whole lot wrong with that.
001. You can't eat whatever you want anymore. This is just one of those things that comes with age. I remember the days when I would eat whatever the heck I want and not gain an ounce. I definitely have to be a little bit more careful of that these days!
002. You prefer wine to beer-- unless it's one of those darker fancier beers of course. This one doesn't even need explaining.
003. Sleeping in until 8am is almost difficult. Remember the days when you slept in until noon? Yeah, those days are over once you get a "big kid" jobs and your body grows used to waking up at 5am everyday.
004. You get an adrenaline rush from a freshly cleaned house.
005. You get excited talking finances with your significant other. You know, "I've got X amount of dollars in my savings account, how much do you have in yours?" and "down the road we can pay cash for a vehicle!" Oh I love it when he talks "financial" to me.
006. You'd rather stay home and watch a movie with the family than go out with friends on a Friday night.
007. The idea of starting your retirement fund is more exciting than ever!
008. You don't give a crap if people don't like you. You are who you are and people can take it or leave it!
009. You frequent coffee shops more than bars.
010. You go to Wendy’s® and grab a Smoked Gouda Chicken Sandwich instead of a plain ol' cheeseburger because your maturing tastes need a little something extra!
I can't even begin to tell you how much I enjoyed this yummy sandwich. I scarfed it right down in the parking lot before I picked Alea up for preschool the other day and I enjoyed every last bite. So much, in fact, that I also grabbed one on my lunch break at work a couple of days later. I love the smoky, cheesy, grown-up flavor. And the red onions? I die for red onions. They make literally everything taste better!
If you have to choose, and trust me, they'll make you choose, I prefer the spicy chicken. The extra flavorful bite is simply perfection. Don't even get me started on that brioche bun and that caramelized sweet onion sauce? I could eat that stuff by the spoonful!
Have you tried the Smoked Gouda Chicken on Brioche yet? Would you want to?
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Wendy’s®.