I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. #ProjectPixieHollow #CollectiveBias
This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.
What makes a little girl feel more magical than I set of fairy wings? I’d honestly have to say, nothing! That’s the case with Alea, anyways. She recently ripped the fabric in her pair of fairy wings that she plays with all the time with her dress-up clothes. She was absolutely heartbroken and I could tell she felt a little guilty about ripping them. I wasn’t mad, upset, or really the least bit surprised that they ripped. Dress-up clothes aren’t made the greatest these days and it was only a matter of time. After seeing how sad Alea was that her new fairy wings broke, I decided to make it my mission to make her a pair of wire hanger fairy wings that were much sturdy than the flimsy dress-up fairy wings you buy from the store. Paired with the new Disney’s The Pirate Fairy movie, we would make a fabulous fairy day out of it!
DIY Wire Hanger Fairy Wings:
1. Wire hangers (4)
2. Panty-hose or tights (2)
5. Fabric glue
6. Decorative ribbon or glitter glue
7. Yarn or string
1. Begin bending and unraveling the twisted part of the hanger by the hook. Work with your pliers to straighten out the hanger.
2. Form two bigger ovals and two smaller ovals that will form the upper and lower wings. Be sure the excess wire hanger ends at the correct spot and align all of the wings together and begin wrapping the excess wire together in the middle. Be sure to wrap it as tight as you can so that no sharp parts are sticking out– we don’t want any fairy injuries!
3. Cut off each of the legs if you’re using tights. Slide each leg onto a wing and pull so it’s taunt, but not too tight to help prevent ripping. Tie the excess tights together in a knot in the middle of the wings.
4. Decorate the wings to your hearts desire and add yarn, string, or whatever you have laying around so your little one can wear the wings.
I scored some serious mommy points with this little project of mine. I won’t lie to you– I broke a bit of a sweat bending all of those wire hangers, so the hugs and squeals that resulted when Alea saw the finished product were totally and completely worth it. She didn’t even want to take the wings off! It made this mama heart of mine oh so happy!
After we finished the impromptu photo shoot that Miss Alea requested, we headed out to Walmart to buy her the new Disney’s The Pirate Fairy movie– the newest Tinkerbell movie! After the popcorn was popped, we snuggled up together to watch– wings and all! It’s exciting, too, because right now at Walmart you can get not only The Pirate Fairy on DVD + Blu-Ray, but you also get The Pixie Hollow Bake-Off DVD as well! It’s an awesome deal! (Alea’s watched both 3 times now!)
Have you seen The Pirate Fairy yet?