Every single morning, you can count on me walking out the door with a banana, a coffee, and a breakfast shake of some sort. It’s just part of my morning ritual and they just so happen to be crazy easy to grab and go and eat/drink on my way to work in the morning. Can’t complain about that, right?
Well, I got to thinking the other day on my drive into work. (I swear to you that’s when all my best ideas come to me– tell me I’m not the only one!) What if I combined these three delicious breakfast items all into one and made a delicious, healthy smoothie out of them? Brilliance, I tell you. Absolute genius. Now I’m still consuming the same amount of food, but I have it all in one drink. I just savor it on my drive into work (while singing into my straw to some country music, of course) and I’m caffeinated and I’m not starving by the middle of my AM med pass!
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 4 ice cubes
- Carnation Breakfast Essentials in French Vanilla
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup of coffee (cooled)
- 1/2 cup of vanilla Greek yogurt
- Brew a 1/2 cup of coffee in your Keurig brewer or coffee maker.
- Place your coffee in the fridge to cool down. (You could even do this the night before to save time!)
- Combine milk, ice cubes, Greek yogurt, cooled coffee, a cut up banana and 1 packet of French Vanilla Carnation Breakfast Essentials into a blender.
- Blend ingredients until smooth.
- Serve in a mason jar for looks or toss in a tumbler and head out the door!
Now just imagine using the chocolate flavored Carnation Breakfast Essentials! I’ll be trying that one this when I work this weekend. It’ll help make that early wake-up call on Saturday when I would rather be sleeping in so much sweeter and a little more bearable!
Which recipe are you going to try?