This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SauceOn #CollectiveBias
If there’s any kinda food I like, it’s spicy food. Spicy, hot food is my jam! I grew-up eating spicy food with my parents and we frequented local Mexican restaurants on an almost weekly basis. Spicy food made spicier doused in hot sauce is almost comforting to me now and brings me right back to my childhood. If you want to eat the spiciest, most delicious chili ever, you’ve gotta try my dad’s. Just saying!
Cory doesn’t necessarily appreciate my love of spicy food as much as I’d like him too, but just the other night when he had to work late, I decided to whip up a spicy treat for myself! Thus the birth of this delicious recipe. It’s nothing compared to my dad’s family-famous chili, but it sure packs quite the punch! I think my dad would be very proud!
001. 1 green pepper
002. 1 orange pepper
003. 1 red pepper
004. 1 red onion
005. El Yucateco Black Label Reserve hot sauce
006. El Yucateco Red Habenero hot sauce
007. 1 head of lettuce
008. sour cream
009. shredded cheese
001. Sautee peppers and onion in a skillet on medium heat.
002. Toss veggies and onions in 2-4 tablespoons of El Yucateco Black Label Reserve hot sauce. (Depending on how much heat you like.)
003. Make lettuce cups from head of lettuce.
004. Load up lettuce cup with veggie mixture.
005. Top with sour cream, shredded cheese and drizzle with El Yucateco Red Habenero hot sauce.
In my opinion, this makes the perfect summer evening meal. You don’t have to heat up the whole house by turning on the oven, you just have to sautee up some veggies and you’re good to go! Pair this with a delicious margarita and you’re completely set for a fun twist on the typical taco Tuesday. (And I picked up everything I needed at Walmart!)
Did I mention this is a healthier route than the traditional taco? Think of all the calories you save by serving it in lettuce wrap rather than a tortilla!
And remember, if you’re not a huge fan of the heat, you can always use less hot sauce. Trust me though, the added heat is so fun, so delicious, and so perfect!