001. Photography: Ever since I got my first DSLR a year or so ago, photography has been so inspiring to me. It’s such a fun hobby and I’m so happy that I’ve taken the time and effort to learn my camera on manual. I love the photos that I’ve been able to capture of Alea, of our family and of the little day-to-day special moments in our lives. I was really nervous about making such a big purchase when I bought my Canon XS, but it was one of the best purchases I’ve ever made.
002. Jarritos: This Mexican soda reminds me of my high school spanish classes. We’d celebrate Cinco De Mayo every year with yummy Mexican food and it was never Cinco De Mayo without some Jarritos. This fizzy drink tastes like Pez candy and always makes me smile!
003. Finding this: After trying and failing to get Alea interested in preschool workbooks and learning how to write, I decided to just back off for a little bit. It’s worked to my advantage and now Alea either requests to work on her workbook pages or just sets herself up on the kitchen table with her learning books. I came downstairs from taking a shower the other day and found her preschool workbook open, markers spread out over the table and four workbook pages complete. She had already moved onto her next activity, but this just made me smile 🙂
004. The garden: I’d be lying if I told you I have a green thumb. This is actually Cory’s dad’s tomato plant, but I love seeing the garden bloom and blossom and producing delicious tomatoes! It’s just one of those “summer” things that I love.
005. Flowers picked by Alea: Alea and Cory’s dad picked a couple flowers for me the other day. Nothing makes me smile more than flowers freshly picked by my Alea!
006. Country living: If you would’ve known me when I was younger, I would’ve told you that I never ever in a million years would want to live in the country. I grew up right outside of North Minneapolis and life in the city was all I really knew. I wanted to surround myself by freeways and 5 Targets within a 5 mile radius. We now have dozens of farms surrounding us in a 5 mile radius and my drive to and from work is a curvy, twisty two lane highway road. An Amish horse and buggy siting doesn’t even surprise me anymore and we’re looking into building or buying out in the country. Cory’s sure changed me into a country girl!
What’s making you happy this week?