This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AmericasTea #CollectiveBias
It’s a scientific fact. (Or at least I think it is.) Us mama’s don’t spend nearly enough time taking care of the most important person in our lives. We put ourselves on the back burner and wonder why we feel so tired, burnt-out and stressed all of the time. That’s right, I went there. WE are our most important person. It is the person looking back in you in the mirror that needs to come first every once in a while. If it takes writing in a tea date with yourself in permanent marker on your planner at least one day of week, then do it!
Between working full-time as a registered nurse, being a mommy to a new preschooler, running a blog, and trying to keep the dishes in the sink or the laundry in the laundry basket from reaching the ceiling — life leaves little time for me to just kick back and relax. I was just talking to my friend recently about just that. We miss just simply relaxing and not worrying about work or housework that needs to get done. But why? Why can’t we just make ourselves a priority every once in a while?
My most favorite way to enjoy my cup of tea involves a few important components. You should give it a try, sometime!
1. Set your tea kettle on the burner and bring to a boil. I received my first tea kettle, ever, at my bridal shower and it’s become one of my favorite (simple) kitchen gadgets.
2. Steep 1 bag of Bigelow Vanilla Chai and 1 bag of Bigelow Cinnamon Stick. Let steep for 3 minutes.
3. Add vanilla milk to tea and stir in a teaspoon or two turbinado sugar.
4. Grab your favorite magazine and a light snack and head outside a little nap time or quiet time R & R.
5. Bonus points: swing on your front porch swing + leave your phone and laptop in the house!
Rinse + Repeat.
Just don’t let a bug fly into your tea. Or if you’re not a wimp, like me, just fish it out with your spoon and continue to drink on. A little bug never hurt anyone, right?
And if it makes you any more comfortable, just know that Bigelow Tea is 100% American made, produced and distributed. Fun fact: the Charleston Tea Plantation is America’s largest working tea garden. And another fun fact? Bigelow has sent over 4 million bags of tea overseas through their Tea for Troops program! If you couldn’t tell, Bigelow is a pretty amazing company. It makes me feel even better when I’m sipping on that mug of tea knowing I’m supporting such a great company!
How do you enjoy your cup of tea?