This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SkinnyGirlSnacks #CollectiveBias
There’s just something that I love about getting all set-up and read to sit down to blog. Over the past three years, blogging has become a true passion of mine and a hobby that I truly enjoy doing. I love sharing photos, I love the writing aspect and I love that it’s my time for “me”. Sometimes I blog from home from the kitchen table, sometimes I blog from bed and sometimes I blog from the coffee shop when Alea is at preschool. It’s just calming to me, you know? There are a few things that I just have to have when I sit down and get myself ready to blog. And I have to admit, for me, blogging and snacking go hand in hand!
While snacking and blogging go hand in hand for me, I know there are a couple other things that are absolutely essential for me to have nearby when I sit down to blog.
001. My Macbook: Can I just tell you how much I love this thing? I don’t know how I lived so long without it. It’s so light, portable, and so user-friendly. I don’t think I’ll ever own a PC again. Anyways, a computer is just plain necessary for blogging. Couldn’t really have a blog without it!
002. A Candle: Right now, I’m all about the fall smelling candles, but if you were to peek into my blogging space during the summer, you’d find a lemony citrus candle burning. This candle, from Walmart, is “Pumpkin Waffles” makes my nose oh so very happy!
003. Skinnygirl Popcorn: The lime and sea salt flavor has to be my absolute favorite. The hint of sour with the lime and the salty sea salt flavor is just incredible. I don’t know why I’ve never thought of putting lime and popcorn together, but this is truly a match made in heaven. It’s SO darn good. Definitely my new favorite blogging snack. I found mine in the popcorn aisle at Walmart. I love that it’s a healthier option compared to other quick and easy snacks and it’s 20% lower in calories than other microwave popcorns!
004. Coffee: Now that’s just a no-brainer, isn’t it? I know there are some people out there (ahem Mandy!), but coffee gives me that extra little boost I need no matter the time. Plus, the warmth of coffee is just so comforting to me!
005. A notebook + pen: Sometimes typing out my thoughts just isn’t enough and I have to write out my ideas for a post in bullets to keep me on task or even make a spider web of thoughts. I’m such a visual and hands-on person that writing out my ideas really, really helps me.
Bonus: Alea loves the butter and sea salt flavor of Skinnygirl popcorn, too! Her and I shared a bag the other day while we had a little coloring party at the kitchen table. She looked up at me and said, “Mmm mommy! I just love popcorn!” It just about made my day! I don’t have to worry about her eating this brand of popcorn either, because it’s made with better ingredients and it isn’t overly buttery and full of calories. No artificial ingredients or flavors here! Thank goodness. It’s hard to get her to eat a healthy snack sometimes!
What else would you add to this list? What do you need when you sit down to blog?
Have you tried Skinny Girl popcorn yet?