It’s that time of the year where it’s still a bit warm to heat up the house by turning on the oven, but you still want something a little bit warmer than a plain ol’ sandwich. You know what I mean? The dog days of summer always make cooking, for me, less than thrilling, but now that we’re working on getting into a back-to-school routine, I’m finding myself searching and scavenging for different recipes to try and add to our recipe repertoire.
When I was younger, if there was a tuna melt on the menu when we went out to eat, I almost always ordered it. They were so creamy, delicious, and filling. They’re a fantastic quick + easy item to keep on your weekly menu or as a back-up plan for a night you just don’t feel like cooking.
001. Bumble Bee Tuna (2 4oz cans or pouches)
002. Miracle whip
003. Wheat bread
006. Cheddar cheese
001. Combine miracle whip and Bumblee Bee Tuna in a bowl and stir together with pepper.
002. Butter outer sides of each slice of bread and place in a pan over medium-low heat.
003. Add 1 slice of cheese to the bread, then a liberal scoop the tuna mixture and top with the second slice of bread.
004. Toast each side until golden brown and crisp and until cheese has melted.
005. Add tomatoes and serve warm.
Like I said, absolutely delicious! Now it’s time to relive my childhood and take a big bite of this juicy classic. I remember when I started my first job at Bridgeman’s Ice Cream shop, this was one of my favorite sandwiches to make, as well. It made my mouth water every time a customer even ordered it!
Looking for some quick and easy tuna recipes to try for back-to-school? Check out Bumble Bee Tuna’s recipe page!
What’s one of your favorite tuna recipes?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.