This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PlatinumPoints #CollectiveBias
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, a very high percentage of us silly people don’t get enough water. When you think about how lucky we are to have access to clean water and how often we choose soda or coffee over a bottle of water– it’s just plain ridiculous. We need water to live! Our cells in our body thrive on good old H2O. It’s calorie free and all kinds of refreshing. So what’s the deal? Why do we choose to drink other beverages rather than water? My guess is that for many of us, flavor is a factor. Water just tastes like… nothing. Where’s the fun in that? The thing is, you can still enjoy lower calories with a few easy drink mixes to get you over water’s lack of flavor.
We could all use a little help when it comes to drinking more water, don’t you agree? Here’s a couple simple tips and tricks that I’ve come to use over the past couple of months to make sure I’m drinking my 8 glasses of day and enjoying it at the same time!
001. Crystal Light On-the-Go: These little squeeze bottles of delicious flavoring are my all time favorite way to make my bottle of tap water a little more exciting. You can easily customize your water, too, with just a squeeze or a squeeze or two more!
002. Add Fruit: Add some fruit to your water and create an infused water experience! This is easier to do if you’re working from home during the day. I don’t know about you, but I don’t necessarily carry fruit around with me wherever I go! Click that link to see my favorite recipe!
003. Mark Your Water Bottle: This is how I stay on top of my water drinking game. All you need is a sharpie and a Nalgene water bottle and you’re good to go. Just mark the times you’re supposed to drink that amount of water by and you’ll be on your way to that 8 glass goal in no time!
004. Go Reusable: Speaking of water bottles, I’m a bit of a water bottle connoisseur. So much so, that it drives Cory a little bit crazy. But that little bit of crazy is totally and completely worth it to me if I’m sporting a cute water bottle and working on getting my 8 glasses of water in per day, right?
005. There’s an App for That: Have you heard of the app Waterlogged? This app helps you track how much water you’re drinking throughout the day. You never know, you might start drinking so much water you won’t be able to keep track anymore! (Especially if you’re using my advice from #1 and grabbing some Crystal Light!)
My current favorite Crystal Light flavors are: Blackberry Lemonade and Strawberry Green Tea. Just two squeezes in my larger Nalgene water bottle or my Camelbak and it’s the perfect amount of flavor to keep me drinking my H2O. Crystal Light even has caffeinated options for you caffeine-fiends. This option is perfect for those of us who don’t want to sacrifice the caffeine that makes us choose soda or coffee over water. Now you can have your cake and eat it, too!
And a bonus– Have you heard of the Platinum Points Loyalty Program? You earn points by purchasing Crystal Light products at Walmart between now and December 31st, 2014. Submit your receipt and redeem your points for some awesome Miranda Lambert rewards! See official rules for details.
A friend even joked with me at work that you’re not cool until you carry one of these little flavor squeeze bottles in your scrub pocket. Let’s just say, our work water doesn’t taste the greatest and we may all share our Crystal Lights with one another so we have the opportunity to try all the flavors– and get addicted to all the flavors as well! Am I right?
What flavor of Crystal Light is your favorite?