This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DisneyBeauties #CollectiveBias
Just yesterday I planned a special surprise for Miss Alea. I have two days off every week and on those days off, I try and make them a little special for her since our time is more limited now that I work full-time. I decided to surprise her with a couple fun new princess toys and Sleeping Beauty on DVD! I’m sure you can just imagine the look of surprise when she laid eyes on her new movie, tea set and her Snow White costume.
We had a blast! We immediately set up a little tea party with her mini Disney Princesses and put on her new Sleeping Beauty movie. We also spent a little time talking about what makes a princess a princess and boy will you giggle when you hear her responses! Kids say the funniest things sometimes!
How to be a Princess According to Alea:
001. “All princesses drink tea. They don’t like coffee.” Obviously I was offended by this one. While tea is fantastic and all, I’m a coffee drinker through and through and I felt like my 4 year old was taking a dig at me. Okay, I get it kid. I’m not a princess.
002. “Princesses always wear underwear.” Let me explain this one. As we were putting on her Snow White dress she thought she was going to get away with going commando. I gave her my best mom look and “are you kidding me” face and she promptly said the quote above as she pulled ’em on up.
003. “Princesses always wear shoes when they go outside to go for walks in the forest.” With little woodland creatures I presume?
004. “They always curtsey!” This is her favorite… of course. Because who doesn’t like to curtsey?
005. “A princess always acts like themselves.” And I think that means my job as a parent is done! I’m going to go grab a tissue, because that one made me tear right up!
There you have it. A princess drinks tea, always wears underwear, wears shoes when they go for walks in the forest, they curtsey and they always act like themselves! That’s easy enough, right?
If you’re looking for some toys fit for a princess for Christmas or any old Tuesday, I suggest you check out the Disney aisle at Walmart. They have all kinds of fun goodies and Alea was completely in awe of their selection. As was I!
How do you act like a princess?
Have you gotten the new Sleeping Beauty DVD yet?