If you haven’t noticed yet, we have a thing for pasta in this house. Give me the choice and I’ll likely choose some form of pasta for dinner. Either that or anything Mexican. I have a thing for spice and carbs, my friends. I just can’t help it! Growing up we ate a lot of pasta. A lot. We’d have spaghetti with meat sauce at least once a week and ever since then it’s become one of my comfort foods. It reminds me of home, family and togetherness.
I’ve decided to combine my love of spicy Mexican flavor and traditional Italian pasta dishes to create this delicious Lime Chili Shrimp Linguine recipe. The seafood just tops it off and makes a delicious trifecta of flavor. You won’t be able to dish it onto plates fast enough and your family will be asking you to make this recipe over and over again. Just trust me!
001. 1 12oz package of large shrimp, tail-off, pealed and deveined
002. Linguine noodles
003. 4 tablespoons I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter
004. 2 limes
005. 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
006. 1 teaspoon Ground Red Pepper
001. Boil a pot of water over high heat and add linguine noodles. Cook until for 10-12 minutes until cooked al dente.
002. Thaw shrimp by running cool water over them in a bowl in the sink.
003. Combine shrimp and I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter in a frying pan and cook over medium heat until shrimp is pink and cooked through.
004. Add chili powder, ground red pepper, 1 tablespoon of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter and juice from two limes to shrimp and I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Mixture. Stir well.
005. After Linguine noodles are done drain and toss with 1 more tablespoon of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter in the pot.
006. Add shrimp mixture to Linguine noodles and toss until noodles are thoroughly coated.
Serve and enjoy!
This recipe is fabulous to serve for your family for a quick dinner at night and special enough to serve for dinner guests on the weekend. It has a little sour, spicy kick to it and the shrimp paired with the lime is just delectable. Keep leftovers and bring for lunch at work or send your guests away with a doggy bag. They’ll greatly appreciate it!
I’m so happy to see that I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter is now made of wholesome, easily recognizable and simple ingredients. In each container you’ll find a blend of plant-based oils, purified water and just a pinch of salt. This newly revamped product is now available in stores! And as always, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter has 40% fewer calories and 70% less saturated fat than butter and 0g of trans fat per serving with no cholesterol and no partially hydrogenated vegetable oils.
Looking for some more recipe inspiration? Visit I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter’s Recipe page for more creative and delicious ideas!
What’s your favorite spicy pasta dish?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.