If you work from home, than it’s likely you rely on Netflix to get you through your days. If it’s just for background noise or if you’re more talented than me and can multi-task well enough to follow a storyline while getting work done– I’m forever watching Netflix on my days off when I work on this here blog from home.
I’m a member of the Netflix #StreamTeam. All opinions are my own.
001. New Girl: If you haven’t seen the Thanksgiving episode in Season One, you should probably drop everything you’re doing and watch it. I’m not trying to give anything away, but really? A turkey in the dryer. On permanent press. I die. I didn’t give this show enough of a chance the first time I watched it– but now I’m addicted!
002. Grey’s Anatomy: This show will forever be on my list. I’m on my third time re-watching all of the seasons and it just gets better and better every time I watch it. And I’m realizing this time around how much I miss Izzi Stevens! She was my favorite! And who wouldn’t want to relive the days when McDreamy was McDreamy and McSteamy was McSteamy?
003. Alive Inside: A little background to preface this. I started my nursing career on a dementia unit in a nursing home, so I hold a special place in my heart for those with dementia. This documentary is all about how music therapy is extremely effective in the dementia and Alzheimers population and I couldn’t agree more!
004. Hart of Dixie: I was really into this show last year around this time, but then stopped watching it for some reason. I just started over from season one and I’m falling in love with it all over again. It goes without saying, but I love any show with a medical tie-in. It makes it so much more interesting to me as it pertains to my current career as a nurse.
005. Safe Haven: This movie is the reason I cut off 12″ of hair last summer, so I swore that I wasn’t ever going to watch it again– but I absolutely love Julianne’s character! This is just one of those movies I can watch over and over again without getting sick of it. And don’t worry– I haven’t had the unrelenting urge to cut off all of my hair again!
And to keep your little ones busy for a bit while you’re trying to get some work done:
001. VeggieTales in the House: Teach your little one thankfulness and the true meaning of the season. This will start streaming on Wednesday, November 26th! Alea’s so excited to watch it!
002. Julius Jr.: Alea’s been loving this show lately. It’s about the adorable Paul Frank monkey and the artful adventures he goes on.
003. The Magic School Bus: I’ll admit that I even get sucked into watching The Magic School Bus! It reminds me of movie days in science class when I was in school and I absolutely love how much Alea learns from these episodes. Just ask her about red blood cells and white blood cells and she’ll talk your ear off. It makes this nurse mama’s heart proud!
004. LalaLoopsy Land: Search for Pillow: Alea’s love for LaLaLoopsy continues! She knows all of these characters by name and I love how cute and wholesome these shows are. It’s all about problem-solving and working together as a team– so perfect for little girls!
005. Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood: This one teachers our littles all about different feelings and about problem solving as well. It always makes me giggle when I hear Alea say she’s going to “take a deep breath and count to ten” when she’s mad!
What shows and movies are you and your family watching on Netflix lately?