This #OREOCookieBalls shop has been compensated by #CollectiveBias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
One of my favorite things about cooking and creating in the kitchen is that it allows me creative freedom to make different recipes my own. I can alter the recipe in a way to suit my own personal tastes and alter the ingredients to make it more friendly for my family. That’s exactly what I decided to do with these OREO cookie balls. The ingredients and the recipe are so simple that it makes it really easy to add a few ingredients and really make them my own.
Let me just tell ya, if you love OREOs and you love salted caramel mochas, then you’re going to absolutely love these! You’ll have to let me know what you think of these yummy Salted Caramel OREO cookie Balls!
001. 1 brick of cream cheese
002. 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 3 cups)
003. 4 packages of semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
004. Caramels (about 2 cups)
005. Turbinado sugar
006. Sea salt, course
001. Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until thoroughly blended.
002. Shape mixture into 48 1″ balls. Freeze for 10 minutes. Dip balls in melted chocolate then place in single layer on wax paper lined baking sheet.
003. Poor melted caramel onto top of each ball. Freeze for an additional 10 minutes to solidify chocolate and caramel.
004. Sprinkle with combined mixture of turbinado sugar and sea salt.
Basically salted caramel anything and everything is my jam around this time of year. I literally crave it 365 days out of the year, but I especially crave it as the temperatures start to dip. Dare I say it may replace my pumpkin spice everything obsession? That salty sweet flavor is just something I can’t seem to get enough of.
These OREO cookie balls are no exception. They’re so easy to make and it’s so easy to make a double batch, too, if you plan to share. It’s certainly not a requirement though! Bring these to Thanksgiving to share with your family, make them for a special dessert after dinner or make them to bring into work and share with your co-workers. Either way, I’m sure your friends and family will absolutely love them and thank you for your generosity!
What ingredients would you add to the traditional OREO cookie balls?