This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LoveV8Protein #CollectiveBias
The night before I have to work, I always pack a little bag for myself. This bag has a few key items that I bring literally every single day I work. It’s just part of my nightly routine. I try and make sure I have everything ready in the morning so that way I can sleep in as long as possible and it’s easy to get ready and get out the door fast! I’m so not a morning person and leaving at 5:45am just doesn’t suit me, but we’re rolling with it!
Going into the new year, especially, I’m trying to work at staying as healthy as possible. I’m finally to that point in my life and with my body where I feel comfortable in my skin. I’m proud of how far I’ve come since I had Alea (four years ago) and I really don’t want to lose that! Having a few of these items in my work bag will do just that– keep me on track.
001. V8 Protein Shakes: Every single morning at work I have a protein shake after my morning med pass and as I sit down to start charting. It’s just my routine. By then, it’s going on 10 o’clock in the morning and all that’s in my stomach is a cup of coffee, so these shakes are perfect. I love that the protein is made from milk, soy, peas, brown rice and quinoa and they include sweet potatoes and carrots as the veggies! They’re only sweetened with sugar, honey and brown rice syrup as well.
002. V8 Protein Bars: Along with my protein shake, I always have a protein bar to eat along with it. Just ask my co-workers. They give me a hard time for all the protein shakes and protein bars I eat! I love that they’re both filling enough to tie me over for a few more hours until I can take my lunch break.
003. An array of pens: As a nurse you can never ever have enough pens. I always have a couple in my pocket at all times. The Sharpie pens are my favorite to write with, but I have to have a ballpoint pen handy to write doctors orders out on the carbon-copy physicians order sheets and you always have to have a permanent marker handy to sign and date dressings and patches. And different colors are always a plus when you want to write yourself an important note on your to-do list!
004. A water bottle + coffee thermos: On my way to work and throughout my morning med pass I’m chugging down my coffee from my nicely insulated coffee thermos. I’m forever grateful that it keeps my coffee hot for a longer period of time, because more often than not I’m finishing my coffee around 10am. No joke! And I’m always sipping on water flavored with some of my favorite essential oils. I never leave home without my water bottle– especially at work!
005. Alcohol wipes: I know I’m not the only nurse who goes home with about a half a trillion alcohol wipes in their pocket. It just happens! I stash a bunch in my pocket at the beginning of my shift and some of them just make their way home. Side note: These little puppies will get marker off of your father-in-law’s white sofa. Not that I know from experience of anything…
Have you tried the new V8 protein bars and protein shakes yet?