Valentine’s Day is literally right around the corner. And besides love, chocolate, flowers and all things red velvet, more importantly that means that spring is right around the corner. I don’t know about you, but when I think Valentine’s day and start seeing all of those beautiful flowers I immediately start yearning for spring and it’s almost comforting knowing that in a month or so after the 14th of February we’ll be not only thinking spring, but seeing it as well.
If you’re looking for the perfect Valentine’s Day dessert to make for your family, your little one or your sweetheart, then you’ve gotta check out these easy, homemade Red Velvet Mason Jar cakes. I could’ve just bought a box of cake mix, ya’ll, but I went all out for this fun Valentine’s treat. I think V-day is completely worthy of something homemade and made with love, don’t you? See what I did there?
1. 2 1/2 cup flour
2. 1 tsp baking soda
3. 1/4 cup Ghirardelli Melting Wafers
4. 1 1/2 cup sugar
5. 2 eggs
6. 1/2 cup canola oil
7. 1 tsp vinegar
8. 1 oz bottle red food coloring
9. 1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Grease mason jars
3. Mix dry ingredients together first separately and then mix wet ingredients together separately.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients and blend thoroughly.
5. Fill mason jars 1/3-1/2 full.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Check cake with a toothpick to make sure it’s cooked thoroughly.
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
1. 1/2 cup margerine
2. 1 8oz package cream cheese
3. 1 box confectioners sugar
4. 1/2 tsp vanilla
1. Soften cream cheese and margarine and bring to room temperature. Blend them together.
2. Add sugar to cream cheese and margarine mixture and mix.
3. Add vanilla and mix.
These little mason jar cakes just scream Valentine’s Day, don’t they? I’m basically obsessed with how adorable they turned out. They’re the perfect little gift for your friends at work, your family members or even your little one and your significant other. There’s nothing like a little homemade gift — and in this case a homemade cake — to brighten someone’s Valentine’s Day!
In addition to these pretty little red velvet mason jar cakes, you can also get your honey or your kiddos some more Ghirardelli goodness! This Valentine’s Day, they have the cutest (and most delicious, trust me!) Valentine’s Day Impressions chocolates! Think conversation hearts, but in chocolate form! You can get them in Milk + White chocolate or Milk + Dark chocolate. (Cory, if you’re reading this– you better remember my love for dark chocolate!)
What homemade gifts are you giving for Valentine’s Day?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.