There’s always something you need to work on in your relationship. Whether it’s better communication, more hugs and kisses or just remembering to thank one another, it’s so important to really hone in on those aspects of your relationship that need a little bit more attention. That area for Cory and I is more one-on-one time. We’ve never, ever been good at date nights. It could be because we’re both home bodies or the fact that we’ve always been a little silly about asking family to watch Alea or because we’d rather be those crazy parents and just take Alea with us, but the important thing we both need to remember is that sometimes those dates and outings where it’s just the two of us is immensely important for our relationship.
That’s why I put my foot down and decided that after a little over a year without a date, we deserved a night out together. And plus, it’s Lobsterfest at Red Lobster. Need I say more?
I’ve gained a bit of a new outlook and gained new insight on date nights after planning this one. Its been on my mind and I thought I’d share some of the realizations I’ve come to.
1. It’s okay to take control. This one is huge. I’m more of the planner in the relationship. That’s just the way it is and that’s okay. Cory’s more spur-of-the-moment and spontaneous and that’s one of the things that I absolutely love about him. However, spur-of-the-moment doesn’t necessarily work when you’re planning a date night and you have a child. Someone has to be around to watch said child, after all. I realized after putting this date night together for us, that if I take the reigns and plan the date night instead of complaining that we never go on dates– both of us are happier!
2. Keep it simple. Date nights don’t have to be anything extravagant or expensive. Actually, for the two of us, the simpler the better. And because we love food, dinner out is always the way to go! When you’re a parent, there’s really nothing better than an uninterrupted dinner with your honey eating warm food and being able to actually talk to one another without a little one whining about not liking whatever it is I made for dinner that night.
3. Focus on one another. That is why you’re out for dinner together after all, right? Right! I kept my phone out so I could snap these photos, but when I wasn’t snapping photos, my phone was either pushed to the side or out of sight in my purse. Life doles out enough distractions, but unnecessary distractions are just not necessary on date night!
There’s all kinds of delicious dishes you can try doing Lobsterfest at Red Lobster. Just ask Cory, it took me far too long (as usual) to decide which dish I would choose. I finally settled on the Rock Island Stuffed Tilapia, but the Wood-Grilled Lobster, Shrimp and Salmon was a very, very close second choice! In addition to those two dishes here are some of the other choices you have to choose from:
1. Lobster Lover’s Dream®: A succulent rock lobster tail and sweet split Maine lobster tail, roasted and served with lobster-and-shrimp linguini Alfredo.
2. Dueling Lobster Tails: Two Maine lobster tails, one roasted and topped with tender shrimp in a creamy garlic sauce, the other golden-baked with crab-and-seafood stuffing.
3. Roasted Maine Lobster Bake: Roasted split petite Maine lobster tails tossed in a white wine and garlic-butter sauce, roasted with corn and potatoes.
4. Lobster Scampi Linguini: Succulent Maine lobster meat over a bed of linguini in a white wine and garlic-scampi sauce.
5. Rock Island Stuffed Tilapia: Fresh tilapia roasted with crab-and-seafood stuffing and topped with Maine lobster meat in a creamy lobster butter sauce.
6. Wood-Grilled Lobster, Shrimp and Salmon: A Maine lobster tail, jumbo shrimp skewer and fresh Atlantic salmon, wood-grilled and finished with brown butter.
And if you’re 21+, please, please, please don’t forget to grab the Lobster Punch! I’m the type of girl who doesn’t love the taste of alcohol and I really don’t drink all that often, but this drink was absolutely delicious. It was the perfect blend of sweet and tangy and I just know you’ll love it!
Remember, Lobsterfest is only going on for a limited time, so grab your honey and go! You deserve a date night and so does your relationship. Marriages and relationships take a lot of time and work, but it doesn’t mean you can’t have fun while putting time an effort into it, right? Right!
How often do you go out on date night with your love?
Which dish will you choose at Lobsterfest?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.