I wrote this as a member of the Netflix #StreamTeam. All opinions are my own.
I’m not ashamed at the fact that I let my child watch a little Netflix here and there. I’ll admit that somedays she watches a little too much, but we usually keep her screen time in check pretty well. We just upgraded Alea’s Netflix to the “big kids” Netflix. Before she wasn’t able to watch Disney movies without having mom or dad switch it over to our profile and that was getting a little bit annoying. However, she still asks before she watches any new shows, so I love that she still knows to ask for permission.
1. Barbie Life in the Dream House: This show isn’t my personal favorite, but Alea’s going through a bit of a Barbie phase at the moment and absolutely adores it!
2. LaLaLoopsy Ponies: The Big Show: This is definitely an Alea show, through and through. She’s always loved LaLaLoopsy dolls and loves these bright little girls, happy lessons, and the ponies are now just an added bonus!
3. Ella Enchanted: We just watched this show for the first time the other night. I had recommended it to Alea, but she wasn’t interested in it at the time. Saturday night, however, she asked me if it was okay if she watched it and I happily said yes! She loved Ella!
4. Mr. Peabody and Sherman: This is a fabulous family movie night pick. It’s kid-friendly enough where Alea’s interested, but also keeps Cory and I a little more interested than say a LaLaLoopsy show would.
5. The Croods: This is another great movie for family movie night. There’s a scary element with the darkness, but it’s also a great way of teaching little ones to face their fears and they’ll also learn that their fears may not be as bad as they originally seemed!
I love that Netflix means family time and family snuggles for our household. We do a family movie night every Friday or Saturday depending on the week and it’s something we all truly look forward to every week! It may be because pizza is part of the equation, too, but Netflix certainly plays a big part 😉
What shows do your little ones love on Netflix?