Grilled cheese has always been the ultimate comfort food for me. It’s always been one of my go-to easy meals and when paired with a bowl of piping hot tomato soup, it’s absolutely perfect for those long, cold, winter days we experience here in the midwest. It’s also one of those meals that Alea requests almost daily and I happily oblige because I know she’ll actually eat it. (Can I get an amen?)
Sometimes, though, I want to spice up the typical grilled cheese a bit and make a more grown-up version. You know, since I’m 25 years old and all. I was playing around in the kitchen just the other day and decided to whip up a special grilled cheese for myself on my day off of work.
1. Arla Dofino Dill Havarti Cheese
2. Handful of Spinach
3. 4 slices of Bacon
1. Butter each slice of bread on the inside and outside and place in your frying pan on medium-high heat.
2. Add thinly sliced Arla Dofino Dill Havarti Cheese until bread is fully-covered.
3. Top cheese with a handful of spinach and 4 slices of bacon and add the second slice of bread on top.
4. Cook until cheese is melted and both sides of the bread are golden brown.
5. Serve with a side of tomato soup for dunking purposes, of course.
Absolute ooey, gooey, delicious perfection.
I can hardly wait to make this again. I may have to make Alea her own “plain” grilled cheese, but taking the extra steps to make this special treat for myself is 110% worth it in every aspect. I may even be able to talk Cory into having a bite if I hold the spinach on his. I mean, what man doesn’t love bacon?
Tonight (April 8th, 2015) Arla Dofino is hosting a Gooey Goodness Twitter party in which you can participate in a mouth-watering conversation and win all kinds of fabulous prizes. Just be sure to follow @ArlaDofino @TwoPeasinPod and @FoodieCrush as well as the hashtag #GooeyGoodness. Use #GooeyGoodness in your tweets so others can follow along with your conversation as well! Join tonight from 8pm – 9pm EST.
How do you like your grilled cheese?