What a week, my friends, what a week. After a busy, busy weekend with Alea’s 5th Birthday party and then two Easter celebrations I was absolutely exhausted at work on Monday morning. Then after getting ready, getting Alea dressed and even warming up the car before work on Tuesday morning I found myself with my head in the toilet and then calling into work. Oh how it killed me to have to call in, but I had no idea if I would continue to feel sick throughout the day or what. After going back to bed, I ended up sleeping until 11:30am and then taking another long nap in the afternoon. No more throwing-up, thank goodness, and I was able to keep food down just fine. I’m guessing it was a fluke, but I’m glad I chose to play it safe and not get anyone else at work sick. There’s too much yuck going around, I tell ya!
Speaking of work, though, I’m absolutely loving my new job. I’m working in the clinic float pool and just finished orientation in Internal Medicine and am now orienting to Pediatrics and then I’ll be orienting to OBGYN. Three of the areas I was really, really hoping to orient to! I don’t know how I got so lucky, but it feels so good to just know that I’m in the right place and doing exactly what I’m meant to be doing. And for that, I’m truly blessed!
Here are a few other things that are reminding me of how blessed I am this week…
1. Cory recently found this wristband and this ticket while we were moving things into our new house. I immediately squealed in excitement, because I thought these two things were long, long gone. You see, Cory was extremely romantic and on our very first “date” (if you can even call it that) we went to some fights in La Crosse. He took me out with a couple of his friends and we cheered on some crazy UFC-type fighters. Not exactly my idea of a romantic first date, but it was so much fun! It was that night that we had our first kiss, too, and the rest is history! Who would’ve thought that our relationship would start with fighting, huh?
2. My great-grandma Thom had this photo displayed on her entertainment center for as long as I can remember. It’s a picture of my great-uncle Jim and I at my great grandma and grandpa’s 50th wedding anniversary party taken by my uncle Paul. She’d always point it out to family and guests (she was notorious for telling you the same story as often as you’d listen) and she’d always say she “never knew what we were looking at” but she “loved the look of concentration on our faces”. It’s just such a meaningful memory and I’m so happy to be able to display the same photo in the same frame in my house now.
3. My sweet friend Bobbi bought me the most amazing mason jar water bottle from The Mason Bar Company. And to say I’m obsessed is an understatement. This glass mason jar tumbler follows me everywhere around the house and I’ve noticed I’m actually drinking more water because of it! Add 1 drop of grapefruit essential oil and I’m set for the day!
4. This is my all-time favorite decoration in our house right now. I found it at Barnes and Noble of all places and the quote has so much meaning for myself and my family. We’re always praying and hoping and wishing for something whether it be a house, a job, you name it. We’re praying for a miracle currently and this quote is an important reminder that God does answer prayers, but not always when we’d like them to be answered or when we expect them to be answered. You just have to have faith.
5. Meal planning is my current goal. It’s something I’m either really, really good at or something I struggle with. There’s never an in between. So, I’m currently scribbling down recipes and ingredients to have on hand for when I’m working on our meal plan, menu and grocery list for the week. Do you have an tips or suggestions for easier more streamlined meal planning?
Here’s to another happy week, another happy list, and another week full of blessings!
What’s making you happy lately?