I have very fond memories of mothers day growing up. I remember being so, so excited to bring my mom handmade cards and gifts and serve her breakfast in bed. I even remember utilizing a kids cookbook I received for Christmas one year, to make her homemade pancakes! There was so much anticipation and excitement leading up to that morning, if it wasn’t for Christmas, it probably would’ve been my favorite holiday. (But, you know… Christmas.) It may only be one day each year, but it’s such an important day and so important to make sure your mom feels special. That’s exactly what I always tried to do!
This year’s different in some respects. Of course I’m already dreaming up the perfect Mother’s Day gift for my mom (and I’ve got a pretty good one, mind you), but I also have another mom in my life to think of. She’s been in my life for a while now, ever since I started dating Cory of course, but now she’s “officially” my mother-in-law this year! And I think this marks the year that I officially start my wifely duties of purchasing mother-in-law and father-in-law Mother’s Day and Father’s Day gifts, if I’m not mistaken. ::winks::
There’s nothing prettier than giving a gift that’s in the most prettiest of packages and I’ve always been quite the sucker for a beautiful logo >> that’s where Thymes is doing everything right!
Just take a look at that gorgeous packaging above + their adorable logo and labels below.
Tips for Giving a Thoughtful Gift:
1. Plan Ahead: Giving a thoughtful gift entails really observing the recipient for a period of time. Pay attention to the things they say, the activities they’re into lately, the things they post on Facebook, you name it. You’ll need to allot some time to collect this data and also allow yourself time to order that picture perfect gift on-line if need be.
2. Observe: As I mentioned before, you need to observe the person you will be giving the gift to. What would they really, really like to receive? This will definitely take some investigation on your part.
3. The Price Isn’t Important: You don’t have to go over budget or buy an extravagant gift to give something from your heart. For my birthday this year, I received a very sweet card from Alea where she drew her first picture of our family of three. It melted my heart and brought tears to my eyes. I did also receive a couple gifts, but in all honesty, that card was my absolute favorite part!
4. Give Something That’s a Treat: If you’re giving a gift to a woman, such as your mother for mother’s day– give her something that she can treat herself with. Think bubble baths, coffee, a lovely scented lotion, a scented candle, something she wouldn’t normally buy herself. Thymes.com is perfect for just that!
5. Make it Yourself: Are you handy with a pair of knitting needles? Do you know how to sew? Do you paint or make beautiful things out of pallet wood? Why not make a beautiful, functional, and decorative gift? Gifts that are handmade show thoughtfulness, as well!
As an added bonus today, I thought I’d show you all just how much I appreciate every one of you. I want to give one of you the opportunity to win a $25 Thymes e-gift certificate! You can use this to treat yourself to some delicious smelling products or you could use the gift certificate to treat your mom to something lovely for Mother’s Day. Either way, have at it. Enter away!
And if you make a purchase of $25 or more from Thymes, then you’ll also receive a free sample pack! I didn’t know I’d be receiving one of these sample packs when I placed my order, but while I was perusing the difference scents I was wishing there was a way to sniff and smell all the fragrances! Well, voila! Just like magic, I’m now able to do just that with all of my lovely samples. I think my absolute favorite is still eucalyptus, though!
What will you be giving your mom for mothers day?
What scent are you dying to try from Thymes fragrance collection?