This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and TONY’S® Pizza, but all my opinions are my own.
#pmedia #BigPizzeriaTaste http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
Pizza is kind of a big deal in this house. There was a while when Alea went through a phase where she absolutely despised pizza, but now that she’s come to her senses again (thank goodness), we’re back to our pizza eating ways again. And by pizza eating ways, I mean we have pizza almost every Friday night. Thank goodness!
The only problem we run into now, is not having the proper entertainment to keep Alea busy while that delicious cheese pizza is baking away in the oven. Patience may be a virtue, but it’s certainly not a virtue that kids, or at least my little Alea, has. So, to keep her busy this time around, I thought it would be fun to put together a little felt play pizza. The craft took about the amount of time it took us to make our pizza (yes, it’s that easy!) and I love that we’ll also be able to pull it out on all of our pizza nights!
It’s kind of like making a homemade pizza without the mess 😉 And TONY’S® Pizza is just so much more delicious and 10 times easier!
Felt Play Pizza:
1. Cardboard pizza box
2. Red, brown, green, and yellow felt (1 sheet of each)
5. Permanent marker
6. Velcro circles
7. Hot glue gun (optional)
1. Trace a circle with a pencil on the inside portion of the pizza box. I traced a paper plate and it was the perfect size.
2. Next, trace the same sized circle on the brown felt and then apply velcro pieces to the cardboard and the felt as well.
3. Using a smaller circle (I used a bowl), trace a circle around the red felt to make the pizza sauce and apply velcro to secure as well.
4. Cut out pepperonis from the red felt as well.
5. Cut yellow felt into strips for the cheese.
6. Cut green peppers from the green felt.
7. Let your little one top the pizza to their hearts desire!
I mean, you just can’t deny the cuteness, can you? Slip the “toppings” in a zip lock baggie or grab a baggie big enough to hold the pizza as well and store it next to your pizza cutter so it’s always ready to go!
The Tony’s cheese pizza received Alea’s two-thumbs-up seal of approval and that’s not an easy achievement. Trust me! She loves cheese pizza, but is definitely picky about what brands of cheese pizza she prefers. I’m sure you can imagine my relief as she took her first bite and immediately said “Mmmm!” and continued to chow down. Phew!
If you’re planning a pizza night, a family gathering or a get together of any kind, grab some Tony’s pizzas from Walmart (that’s where we got our pizzas) with this coupon for 75 cents off any two pizzas. This digital coupon is available until 6/30/15 while supplies last. Their pizzas are now made with 30% more pizza so they can feed (and please) even your biggest crowds!
What toppings will you make for your felt pizza?
What toppings do you love on your real pizza?