If there’s anything I’ve learned as a parent, it’s that baby items and kids items can be repurposed and reused for a multitude of different things. I can’t even begin to tell you how many things we’ve used for various purposes. One of the baby items that we continue to buy and use on a daily basis to this very day are Huggies Baby Wipes. I kid you not.
No, Alea isn’t in diapers any longer and no we don’t have to use them to wipe her bum, but there’s about a hundred other ways we use them depending on the day, the circumstance and our location. For a while I thought it was a little silly that even though Alea is 5-years-old, I still keep a pack of wipes in my car and in my purse so I have them at all times when we’re out and about.
But really? Just look at all the ways you can use them!
1. Make-up Remover: Gentle, and effective.
2. Deodorant Stain Remover: YES. I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve used a wipe to get rid of a deodorant stain.
3. Car Wipes: Wipes are always kept in my car for sticky fingers and messy faces, but I also use them to dust/clean my dashboard and all the nooks and crannies. I may do this all too often when I’m impatiently waiting at a stop light!
4. Envelope “licker”: I know I’m not the only one who hates licking envelopes. Use a baby wipe instead, especially when you’re sending out a bunch of thank you notes or birthday party invitations.
5. Dry-Erase Eraser: Alea’s dry erase board is forever stained with doodles and writing. A baby wipe is perfect for getting rid of her artwork so she can make more.
6. Dog Paw Cleaner: Clean off those muddy dog paws before they track them all through your house.
7. Sneaker Cleaner: Make those dingy yellow sneakers white again!
8. Kid Cleaner: Give a couple baby wipes to your kiddo and let them clean to their hearts desire!
9. Electronic Wipes: Wipe down the fingerprints, germs and smudges on your laptop screen, iPad and phone.
10. Micro-fiber Cleaner: Clean those mystery stains off that microfiber couch.
11. Floor Cleaner: Show your little to put one baby wipe in each hand and slide them over the floors while on their hands and knees! It’s fun and it gets your floors clean!
12. Wipe down the Baseboards: The kids can help with this as well.
13. Clean DVDs and CDs: It helps remove smudges and also helps to tame the scratches.
14. Yoga Mat cleaner: This works for gym equipment, too. A must-have for your gym bag!
15. Cleaning off Toys: This is especially useful after a play date… and when you find out one of your kids’ playmates was sick!
16. Sand remover: Keep this in your beach bag to get the sand off your feet and legs before getting in the car to go home.
17. Spot Cleaner: Spot clean the carpet after spills.
18. Grill cleaner: Wipe down the grill after it’s cooled down and before each use.
19. Wipe down door knobs: Cold and flu season is brutal. Don’t forget to wipe down light switches, too.
20. Hair fly aways: Wipe down your hair softly to get rid of those frizzy fly aways.
21. Quick Clean: Ever find out guests are coming with a minutes notice? Use baby wipes to wipe down your house/dust quickly before they arrive!
22. Dirty Feet: You know those dirty, summer, flip-flop feet? Wipes are perfect for cleaning them up before bed when it’s not bath night.
23. Out and about: Clean off restaurant tables and grocery cart handles.
24. After daycare: Clean off hands and face after daycare to get rid of dirt and germs.
25. And for their original purpose, wiping down baby bums!
I mean, what can’t you use baby wipes for?
How do you use baby wipes even after you baby isn’t a baby anymore?