This post is part of a sponsored partnership with @OllyNutrition. All opinions are my own.
I know exactly what you’re thinking right now. “How in the world can I keep my entire family healthy?” Well, truth be told, it’s no easy task. With all the germs, all of the necessary vitamins, all of the tempting bad foods, you name it. There’s dozens and dozens of variables standing between you and the health of your family. It’s an unfortunate position to be in, but there are little things you can do and steps you can take to get your looking and feeling healthier. And trust me, summer doesn’t mean you’re in the clear with all of those coughs and sniffles, either.
There’s still so much you can do to help keep your family healthy. I won’t name everything, but I will go over 5 basic, easy ways to keep tabs on your family’s health and to help prevent illnesses from destroying your summer plans.
How to Keep Your Family Healthy:
1. Preventative Care: I can’t even urge this enough and I’m not only saying this because I’m a clinic nurse, but it’s so incredibly important for you and your family to visit their doctor on an at least yearly basis. You never know. It could be an in and out trip or your doctor could pick up on something that you’ve been missing all along. You just never know. This goes for the men in your family, too. Because trust me– I know how hard it is to get them to go to the doctor!
2. Daily Vitamins: I know what you’re thinking. So what, I expect you to spend 37 minutes in front of the massive display of vitamins at Target and pick ONE daily vitamin for each member of your family? Of course I wouldn’t expect you to do such a thing, but I completely understand how overwhelming it can be.
Olly Vitamins have quickly become a family favorite in our household. After some careful research, I settled on this brand because of their high quality ingredients, full-spectrum vitamin offerings, their transparency with ingredients and the fact that you can easily decipher what’s in each bottle of vitamins. Olly has helped us get all of the required daily nutrients without really having to think about it, in delicious little chewies! We each take 2 a day and the piece of mind these little vitamins gives us is worth it’s weight in gold!
3. Hand Hygiene: Hello, this is an obvious one, but I still feel like people aren’t washing their hands as much as they can as much as they should. It’s such a simple, two minute task that can save you so much in the long run. Teach your littles to sing Happy Birthday while they scrub all the surfaces of their hand with warm water and soap. Help them make bubbles and make hand washing fun, kill those germs and keep everyone healthier in the process!
4. Wipe Down Surfaces: Shopping carts and restaurant tables always make my skin crawl. You just never know how often those surfaces get thoroughly washed down and if what they’re washing it down with his truly killing those pesky germs. Keep some anti-bacterial hand wipes ready to go in your purse for moments like these and bid those yucky germs farewell!
5. Maintain a Healthy Diet: This one is the hardest for myself and my family. When you have three different people with three different tastes and appetites, it makes dinnertime, mealtime, and snack time so very difficult. I love vegetables, but if I had to choose between brussel sprouts and a mushroom and swiss burger, I’m sure we both know which one would win. It’s not easy. But if you maintain the “everything in moderation” mindset, you’ll be good to go. It’s okay to treat yourself and your family sometimes, but just make sure fruits, vegetables and complete proteins are a constant.
I hope that helped get your heels spinning a little on how you can keep your family healthy and happy this summer. It’s no easy feat, but I’m confident that you will do fabulous. Here’s to many healthy summertime outings and adventures headed your way!
What’s better than that? Oh, maybe a Day Spa Sweepstakes package for you and your friend, a 6-month supply of of Olly vitamins, as well as a personal wellness consultation with Olly’s resident nutritionist! And 100 runners-up win an Olly product of their choosing. Talk about fabulous! For more details and to enter, visit the sweepstakes page.
How do you keep your family healthy?