Lasagna has always been that one recipe I’ve always been a little scared of. I have a very easy that I tend to go buy and it’s somewhat of a “cheaters” lasagna. The true lasagna can take far too long to create in the kitchen and lets face it, ain’t nobody got time for that! By the time I get home from work, it’s already 5:30pm and that means dinner needs to be on the table like 10 minutes ago. Let’s just say, we don’t mess around when it comes to dinner. I’m against picking up fast food, especially since we live 30min away from any fast food establishments and the food is usually cold by the time we get home and it’s just not the healthiest option either.
Once of our most recent go-to recipes added to our meal plan rotation has been this delicious and easy lasagna roll-up recipe.
1. Whole lasagna noodles
2. Francesco Rinaldi No Salt Added sauce
(Check HERE for product availability).
3. 1lb ground beef, browned
4. 6oz tomato paste
5. 1 tsp black pepper
6. 3 cloves garlic, minced
7. 1 medium onion, minced
8. 2 cups cottage cheese
9. 1 egg
10. 1 tsp pepper
11. 1 tsp basil
12. 3 cups mozzarella cheese
1. Boil lasagna noodles until al dente and lay flat on a baking sheet or tin foil.
2. Brown ground beef and add onions and garlic to mixture. Drain.
3. Add Francesco Rinaldi sauce, tomato paste and pepper.
4. Simmer for 10-15 min.
6. Combine cottage cheese, egg, pepper, basil and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese to create the filling.
7. Spoon small amount of sauce into the bottom of a loaf pan.
8. Spread filling on lasagna noodles and roll each one up individually. Place into pan.
9. Top with the rest of the sauce mixture and bake in oven at 375 degrees for 18 minutes.
10. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese and place back in oven for additional 2-5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Pro Tip: You can also double or triple this recipe if you’d like to make a meal or two more to freeze. If you plan to do so, cover in foil, bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, remove foil and then continue baking for 15 minutes.
You’ll be licking your lips and your family will be begging for more. I can promise you that! Especially with the deliciousness of Francesco Rinaldi sauce. I was so impressed with the flavor and the true Italian taste! And it’s not wonder, they make their sauce with the highest quality tomatoes and freshest herbs. Hmm! And don’t forget to follow @FrancescoSauce on Twitter for more recipe inspiration!
What’s on your meal plan for the week?