If you know me then you know that I wake up at the very last possible minute when I have to be up for work in the morning. It’s almost a little ridiculous, and I’m perfectly okay admitting that. I just savor every last minute I can laying in bed before getting up and frantically beginning my day. I always have “plans” of getting up earlier and attempt to set my alarm a little earlier each morning, but more often than not I’m hitting snooze!
That being said, my hair usually isn’t on the top or near the top of my list of priorities. I just never felt like I had enough time to really get my hair looking presentable before going to work. Everything I could think of besides throwing it in a messy bun or in a ponytail just took “too much time.” Or so I thought!
I’ve discovered the magic that is a good shampoo and conditioner, the wonders of a curling wand, and the easiest 15 minutes of my morning! Let me tell you more…
1. I start with CLEAR SCALP & HAIR™ Intense Hydration Shampoo and Conditioner. I started using this shampoo and conditioner about a month ago and absolutely love how it’s completely changed the health of my scalp and hair. It’s formulated with Nutrium 10™, an advanced moisture complex of vitamins and nutrients including vitamins B5, C & E, sunflower, almond, soybean & coconut oils, glycerin & aloe vera making hair resilient to dryness for an entire 24 hours! (You can grab yours at Target or Walgreens!) Now that fall is on it’s way, now is the time to really start taking care of your scalp to avoid the transition to dry scalp that typically comes with the cooler temperatures.
I typically wash my hair at night so I don’t have to worry about using a blowdryer in the morning and adding those extra tasks onto my already busy morning. This not only helps save time, but it helps save damage to my hair as well!
2. No need to section off top, middle and bottom layers. I just leave all of my hair down and work my way around my head. I start at one end and take a 1″ section of hair after brushing through all of my hair.
3. I wrap that 1″ section of hair around my curling wand with my curling wand pointing downwards. This part takes a little getting used to, but you’ll get the hang of it in no time.
4. Let your warm up with curling wand and let your curl form for about 15-20 seconds depending on hair thickness. Sometimes I’ll even count with each 1″ section just to make sure they’re all curling at about the same consistency.
5. Let your curl fall from the curling wand and gently pull the 1″ section down. This will make it more wavy and less like a Shirley Temple curl!
6. Run your fingers through your curls after you’ve curled all the 1″ strands around your head. Then spritz lightly with hair spray to ensure your wavy curls stay throughout your busy day.
See, curling your hair doesn’t have to take hours upon hours and it doesn’t have to be difficult to do. Just start with some great shampoo and conditioner, and about 15 minutes out of your morning and you’ll be well on your way to gorgeous, compliment-worthy waves.
What’s your favorite way to style your hair?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.