If there’s one snack Alea requests day in and day out, it’s fruit snacks.
I have to admit, they’re pretty yummy, but I could do without all of the additives and unnecessary ingredients they put into those fun little kid snacks. One easy way around those impossible-to-name ingredients is to simply make them yourself—so that’s what I’ve set out to do!
Sure it takes a little extra time and effort, but it’s easier than you may think and requires only two ingredients you probably already have on hand!
1. 1 ½ cups of Juicy Juice® 100% Juice – any of their 16 flavors!
2. 4 tablespoons of plain gelatin
1. Pour the Juicy Juice® into a small pot. Gently add in the gelatin powder and allow it to absorb for a few minutes.
2. Once the gelatin has absorbed, whisk the mixture gently.
3. Turn on your stove to medium heat, getting the mixture warm, but never boiling. Wait until the mixture changes from thick to runny and all of the gelatin has dissolved.
4. Once ready, pour the mixture into a shallow loaf pain and refrigerate for 4 hours.
5. Remove from pan and cut the gelatin into bite-sized pieces.
6. Keep in the refrigerator for up to two weeks!
This recipe yields approximately 4-5 servings, depending on the size of your gummy, yummy, fruit snacks. Fun fact: Did you know that every 8oz of Juicy Juice® 100% juice = 1 cup of fruit?
No more saying “no” to fruit snacks in your house! These are just too easy to make, you can even make larger batches of a whole variety of flavors. With Juicy Juice® as the main ingredient, it’s easy to customize to your kid’s taste. You could even make all the different flavors of the rainbow, combine them together in a zip-loc bag and voila! You have a package of fruit snacks—just like they’re used to!
For more fun from Juicy Juice®, check out their Juicy Makeover Instant Win Game. Juicy Juice® has a new look across all of their packaging. And now they are giving consumers a chance to win their own new look, just in time for back to school. Play every day until 9/10 for a chance to win. $25,000 in great prizes available, including four $2,500 shopping sprees! http://www.juicymakeovergame.com/
What flavor of fruit snacks will you make?