I’ve been kind of a Debbie Downer lately. It’s not easy for me to admit, but I haven’t been the greatest mom, I haven’t been the greatest wife, and I haven’t been the greatest friend. I’ve been so overwhelmed and consumed by my own inner struggles and things outside of my control that I’ve essentially forgotten to be thankful to those around me and the little things in life.
I’m not proud to admit that. Quite embarrassed to, actually.
And that, my friends, is what reminded me of these sweet little Happy List blog posts I used to do every once in a while! Here are a few of the little things in my life that are making me smile:
1. A New Water Bottle: And it’s not just the pretty Life Factory water bottle that I enjoy. It’s the fact that I’m drinking way more water from it while I’m at work and when I’m at home. I just carry this pretty little thing around with me throughout my day and being adequately hydrated has been instrumental for my overall well-being. If you’re not a water person, try adding a lemon or some berries! Fruit-infused water is always delicious!
2. Art Bulletin Board: When I walk into Alea’s playroom and see all of this artwork prominently and proudly displayed, it warms my heart and makes me smile. Some artwork has been gifted to her from friends, but most of it Alea has spent a lot of time creating. Am I the only mom, here, who has the hardest time getting rid of any of their child’s artwork? I just love it!
3. Fall Scents: Fall is upon us and I’ve been diffusing my Cinnamon Bark essential oil more and more frequently because of it. The windows open, blowing in a cool, fall breeze, sipping on a pumpkin spice latte, and enjoying the smell of cinnamon diffusing throughout my house? Yeah, it pretty much doesn’t get much better than that.
4. A Bowl of Tomatoes: These were grown by my mother-in-law and might last more than 2 days. Maybe. I can’t even begin to tell you how much I love cherry tomatoes! But straight from the garden tomatoes? There’s just nothing better! I could snack on these all day long!
5. Backpacks Hung by the Back Door with Care: Alea’s first year of school (well, that is, if you don’t count 4K) is in full swing! I’m amazed every day with the work that she brings home that she completed at school. Her writing is improving each and everyday, her favorite (or the subject she talks most about) subject is math. She loves nothing more than going to the library and getting to bring home a book of her choice. And she’s even lost her first tooth, during the first week of school no less. Needless to say, she’s growing leaps and bounds and I’m so incredibly proud of my little girl!
This all came after a lengthy conversation with Cory the other night during halftime watching the Packers play. I hate to admit when he’s right, but gosh he was right about this one. I could wallow in self-pity or I could take notice of all of the blessings in my life and around me. I have so much to be thankful for.
What is making you happy this week?
*This post contains affiliate links.*