This week has me smiling and singing to every song on my iTunes playlist on my way to work. I don’t know what it is, but this weather has me all kinds of happy and crazy these days! Here’s yet another “happy list” because I believe that the little things in life make us the happiest and I love sharing all of the things that bring me joy and happiness with you!
We all could use a little more happy in our lives, don’t we?
1. Alea’s Stash of Chapter Books: This is one of my favorite spots in Alea’s room. It’s just a little line-up of her chapter books. Most of them actually used to be mine when I was little. We’ve made our way through a lot of them and are currently reading The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar and Six More and next on our list to read is George’s Marvelous Medicine and Matilda. I love that every night before bed we read a couple pages or a chapter out of our chapter book and I love how much Alea loves it as well. She’s going to become a little bookworm, just like her mommy.
2. This Dish Soap: My Thieves Dish Soap may actually make me want to do dishes. The scent is just simply amazing, it gets my water all sudsy and it gets my dishes squeaky clean. Do I wish I had a dishwasher so I wouldn’t have to do all of our dishes by hand? Of course I do! But having a good dish soap on hand makes dish-washing time just a little more bearable!
3. Salted Caramel Hot Cocoa: Need I say more? Probably not, but I’m going to anyways. If you’re anything like me, then one of your favorite drinks from Starbucks is the Salted Caramel Mocha. You wait around all year for it to come back into season in the fall and you drink it until they stop serving it again. It’s hard to measure of to the PSL, but the salted caramel mocha sure does put up a good fight. Now think of that in hot chocolate form. Yeah. You should probably get some.
4. Alea’s Love of Math: Along with Alea’s love of reading lately and after starting math in kindergarten, Alea’s love of math has blossomed as well. She even requests to do her addition and subtraction flash cards and asks Cory and I to do math with her on her dry erase board. It’s just about the cutest thing. And we roll with it, because how could we say no to a kid who wants to learn? And the cutest part of all? She draws her ones, twos and her fives backwards. We’re working on it though!
5. Kindergarten Artwork: I guess there’s just a lot of Alea that makes me happy this week! I’ve been swooning over all of the artwork that Alea’s been bringing home from kindergarten. Cory recently tried throwing some of it in the garbage and I almost started crying. It’s bad. I have a folder that I shove every last paper she brings home into and we’ll probably have enough to create a 1000 page novel by the end of the year, but I just can’t part with these Kindergarten drawings, worksheets, and artwork! Anyone else have this problem?
This post was brought to you by the letter A (for Alea of course) and the number 5 backwards. If you can’t tell, my little Alea is always making me smile. I love when she wakes up in the morning and comes out of her bedroom with her eyes all sleepy and sweet. She runs straight for my leg and gives it a hug and says “Good Morning Mama!” I mean, how couldn’t you be happy with all that sweetness?
What’s making you happy this week?