There’s this thing about my family and Cory’s family. Almost all of them drink coffee. I think that’s why I get along with them all so well– we’re kindred spirits! In fact, my love of coffee began at probably the age of four when my great grandpa gave me my very first taste of coffee. He had this tradition where he would wake each of the grandkids up when we stayed at their house and he’d pour a little of his coffee in a saucer and give us a whole handful of sugar cubes and let us soak up the coffee in the sugar cubes. That’s one of my earliest and most favorite memories and I think that early introduction may be the reason I find so much comfort in coffee today.
Since almost all of the people on my Christmas shopping list have some sort of love of coffee, I thought I would create a little coffee lovers gift basket to give to at least one of the coffee lovers in my life!
Here Are Some Ideas:
1. A Coffee Mug: Make it a travel mug or a mug for at home. Search the shelves for a unique mug that reminds you of the person you’re shopping for or might remind them of you. The mug I included in this basket says “Uffda” and is from the very Norwegian town we’re currently living in! Too cute, right?
2. Something Cozy: I included an infinity scarf that I knitted, but you could also include a warm pair of mittens, a knit coffee cuff, a cable knit blanket, the sky is the limit! Coffee always makes me think of “coziness” and “comfort” so something cozy is a great addition!
3. Reading Material: What’s better than going to the coffee shop with your favorite magazine or a good book? Bring the coffee shop to them with a book you think they’d love or one of their favorite magazines to read.
4. Coffee, of course: What’s a coffee-lovers basket without coffee right? In included a little mason jar of coffee in this basket since it was a smaller basket and didn’t have a whole lot of room for something bigger. I used the Folgers® Classic Roast in the red canister. Such a classic and one of my family’s favorite brands of coffee– so it was very fitting! We love that eye-opening aroma and those delicious Mountain Grown® beans! It just awakens our best self, you know what I mean? You can buy yours here or at your local grocery store.
5. Christmas Decorations: Who doesn’t love some extra and unique Christmas decor to add to their collection? I know I always look forward to displaying Christmas decor gifts I’ve received from friends and family! It makes them even more special!
The great thing about gift baskets is you can add exactly what you want, you can create it to fit your budget, and you can make it unique to the individual you are creating it for! I think gift baskets are such a fun way to give gifts– especially around the holidays!
What will you get the coffee lover in your life?