Sometimes I think my ongoing sweet tooth is one of my biggest flaws. At least when it comes to healthy eating and trying to make better food choices. It never fails. After a delicious meal, right before bed, in the afternoon, or basically just anytime of the day I have a craving for something sweet. It’s simply ridiculous and something I’ve had a very hard time shaking.
I’m a visual person, though, and love to make lists– so having a list of sweet, yet healthier snacks in list-form inside of my planner will hopefully help me to stay on track a little better this year!
1. Sahale® Snacks Almond Vanilla Latte Layered Nut Bar: These individually packaged granola bars are simply delicious. Their innovative 2-layer bars pair a top-layer of crunchy, dry-roasted nuts on top of creamy cashew butter, then drizzled with real chocolate. If you crave something sweet, something chewy, and something coffee-flavored, then this is the perfect sweet-tooth-curing snack for you!
2. Apple Slices & Almond Butter: Easy, peasy! Just slice up your apple and put the slices in a baggie. Put a scoop or two of almond butter in a reusable container and you have the perfect healthy on-the-go snack. The sweetness in the apple will cure your sweet tooth and the protein in the almond butter will keep ya going!
3. Dark Chocolate: Now, this is where I believe in the phrase “everything in moderation.” Treat yourself to 1 square of dark chocolate for that incessant sweet tooth that just won’t go away. Hey, they say dark chocolate has antioxidants and is actually quite good for you in moderation– so why not treat yourself?
4. Fruit Smoothie: The possibilities are endless when it comes to smoothies and that makes them one of my favorite, versatile snacks. Add all different kinds of fruits, almond butter, leafy greens, you name it! Blend it all together with almond milk, coconut milk or regular milk, add some ice cubes and you’re set! Pour it into a travel mug with a straw and you’ll have a great snack for your afternoon errands.
5. Greek Yogurt: Greek yogurt is better than it’s sweeter non-greek cousin. It’s higher in protein which keeps you fuller, longer, and depending on the brand it will also have less sugar. Beware of those “low calorie” or “low-fat options because they have either more sugar or more artificial sweeteners that you don’t need.
And the best part of all of these snacks? They’re perfect for someone with an on-the-go lifestyle as well. I love the Sahale® Snacks Almond Vanilla Latte Layered Nut Bars because they’re perfect to just toss in my work bag or in my purse and take with me wherever I go. It’s so tempting to swing through the drive-thru and grab a snack or a sugar-filled coffee drink, but it’s even easier (and less expensive) to just grab one of these out of your bag! Visit to learn more about their commitment to sustainability. A company that makes tasty snacks and helps our planet? You can’t argue with that!
What’s your favorite snack that helps cure your sweet tooth?