This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BetterWithCraisins #CollectiveBias
Well, my friends, the new year is upon us and you know what that means. It means that everyone (likely including you and me) are on the healthy bandwagon! January is all about eating healthier, exercising and getting our bodies back on track after all the sweets and treats and family gatherings during the holidays. I must say, I’m a little relieved that I won’t have the temptation of freshly decorated sugar cookies and cheesy appetizers. And if I have to see ham one more time in the next year it’ll be too soon. (Why is ham the traditional Christmas dinner meat anyways? Every Christmas celebration we had– 5 in total– had ham as the main dish!)
Needless to say, I’m so incredibly read to jump on that healthy eating bandwagon and I’m hoping you’re ready to do so, too! Today I’m going to be sharing with you a delicious homemade salad dressing I whipped up. It only takes about 5 minutes to make and I love that it doesn’t have all of those fillers and preservatives that the shelved dressings at the grocery store do.
1. 2 cups Craisins® Dried Cranberries
2. 3 cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3. 2 cups White Wine Vinegar
4. Salt, to taste
5. Black Pepper, to taste
6. 1 tsp Honey
1. Chop up 2 cups of Craisins® Dried Cranberries in a food processor or blender with a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
2. Combine chopped-up Craisins, extra virgin olive oil, white wine vinegar, salt, pepper, and honey in a mason jar.
3. Shake mixture until ingredients are thoroughly combined. May add additional cranberries if you like more texture to your dressing.
Drizzle on top of arugula and spinach and top with feta cheese, tomatoes, red onions, cucumber and additional Craisins for one of my favorite salads. I bought a big ol’ bag of Craisins® Dried Cranberries at Sam’s Club (in the snack nuts aisle) so I always have them on hand for this dressing recipe!
I think my Great-Grandma is smiling down at me right about now. She would always make the most delicious dressing. I wish I had her recipe because I crave it every now and again. If I ever stumble upon it, I promise to share it with you!
Have you ever made homemade dressing before?
What’s your favorite way to use Craisins?