This post is sponsored by Goldfish® Crackers in partnership with Socialstars. All opinions are my own. #GoldfishCrowd
I don’t know about you, but as soon as the holidays are over I get a little down in the dumps. There’s so much time, effort, and focus on Christmas and New Years that when it’s over, it feels like there’s not much else to look forward to. Don’t even get me started on how sad it feels to put away the Christmas decorations!
Year after year, I always seem to forget that there is something to look forward to after Christmas and New Years—The Big Game! And it’s going to be here before we know it. Now all of my focus is geared towards yummy Game Day recipes – because in our family we celebrate football and we celebrate football right!
By now, if you’ve been reading my blog for any amount of time, you know that I have a very picky eater on my hands. Sometimes, especially around the holidays and during family gatherings, I feel like there isn’t a lot that she will eat. I thought it would be fun to whip up a recipe that would be perfect for her picky palette, but would also be something the adults would enjoy as well. These Goldfish Crusted Chicken Strips are absolutely delicious, the kids will love them and adults will love them as well!
1. 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
2. 1 ½ cup Goldfish crackers
3. ½ cup of parmesan cheese
4. 1 stick of butter
1. Crumble Goldfish crackers in a food processor or blender until they are the consistency of crumbs. Place them in a large zip-lock bag.
2. Melt stick of butter in a microwave safe bowl. Add parmesan and pepper to the melted butter.
3. Moisten the chicken strips in the butter mixture and then place in the bag of crackers. Shake until coated.
4. Place chicken strips on foil-lined baking sheet. Top with additional parmesan cheese.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and flip each strip over. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
7. Serve with barbeque sauce, ranch, honey, and ketchup dipping sauces and watch the little ones gobble them up!
Put these Goldfish Crusted Chicken Strips on a pretty platter and add little cups for the dipping sauces and I bet they won’t last long. The adults will love reminiscing their childhood while they steal a few bites and the kids at your party will be happy there’s something on the table they actually like! It doesn’t matter which team you’ll be cheering for, this is a win-win in my books!
Did you know Goldfish snacks has a #GoldfishTalesPromotion going on? Now through 1/31 you can create a photo or video that shows off Goldfish crackers in a Big Game theme via Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #GoldfishTalesPromotion to enter. Posts using #GoldfishTalesPromotion may appear in the gallery on GoldfishSmiles.com. No Purchase Necessary. Open only to 50 US/DC residents 18+. Ends 1/31/16. Official rules and more at www.GoldfishSmiles.com. Void where prohibited.
What kid-friendly dish will you be serving up at your Game Day party this year?