We’re kind of homebodies during the weekend and I absolutely love it. I know a lot of people who love to just go-go-go all weekend long and they have all kinds of plans with all kind of people and that just honestly doesn’t sound that appealing to me. My kind of weekend plans are with the two people I love the most, at home in our jammies, just enjoying each other’s company. And it’s especially a bonus if we don’t have to go out in the cold and/or if we don’t have a whole lot of household chores to catch up on.
Since our weekday mornings are usually pretty rushed and I’m usually out the door before Alea and Cory are even awake for breakfast, weekend breakfasts are a special occasion for our family. And Pillsbury™ Grands! Cinnamon Rolls usually make a special appearance!
On this particular weekend, we decided to mix it up a little and make a super easy Cinnamon Monkey Bread from our Pillsbury™ Grands! Cinnamon Rolls and have a breakfast picnic in the living room. It was ridiculously fun!
1. ½ cup sugar
2. 1 cup brown sugar
3. 1 tsp cinnamon
4. ¾ cup butter, melted
5. 2 cans Pillsbury™ Grands! Cinnamon Rolls
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a Bundt pan. Split apart Pillsbury™ Grands! Cinnamon Rolls by cutting into quarters with a pizza cutter. Roll them into balls.
2. Mix together sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
3. Mix together melted butter and brown sugar in a separate bowl.
4. Roll the dough into cinnamon and sugar mixture and place into Bundt pan.
5. Once finished, pour brown sugar and butter mixture over the dough balls in the Bundt pan.
6. Bake 28 minutes until dough is cooked thoroughly.
7. Let cool for 10 minutes. Then tip upside down onto a serving plate.
8. Enjoy while warm.
I think breakfast picnics are officially my favorite pastime and I think this melt-in-your-mouth Cinnamon Monkey Bread is my new favorite food. Judging by Alea’s smile above, I’m thinking she would have to agree!
What about you? Are you a homebody or do you like to make lots of plans for the weekend?