I’m sure, if you’ve been reading along lately, you’ve heard me mention my new found love for podcasts on more than one occasion. They’ve become my new favorite thing to listen to on my commute to and from work. It keeps things interesting, I learn new things, and I love connecting with the podcast creators and the guests that some feature on their show. I listen to a pretty good variety of podcasts, some of which I think would be more beneficial to some than others, but you can (of course) pick and choose what you think sounds interesting!
Here are my top 5 favorite podcasts right now:
1. Beat Infertility: If you’re suffering from infertility, this is a great podcast for you. This podcast focuses mainly on success stories, but it also follows a few women throughout their infertility journey with updates along the way. I love that they focus on specific obstacles in infertility such as endometriosis, PCOS and various others. It’s so intriguing to learn about some of the barriers others have experienced when trying to get pregnant and it’s fascinating to hear what lead them to success. I’ve cried with these ladies, laughed with these ladies and I feel like I’m best friends with some of them. Most of all, it’s just so great not to feel alone, because when it comes down to it, infertility can be a very isolating journey to be on.
2. Boss Girl Creative: If you want to become an expert on all things blogging, then you need to learn from the experts. Blogging is always evolving, algorithms are always changing, and there’s constantly something to learn. This can be an interesting mix of “wow this is so fun” and “wow this is so frustrating.” I don’t typically listen to this podcast when I’m driving because I find myself wanting to jot down all of Taylor’s words of wisdom and I want to take notes about what I’d like to implement on my blog from her show. It’s incredibly informative! If you’re a blogger and want to learn about creating your own newsletter (something I so desperately need to do), the ins and outs of Pinterest or other social media outlets, or are looking to start a blog yourself in the future—you’ve got to take a listen to this podcast!
3. The Lively Show: This podcast is always challenging me to really dig deep and think about what I’m doing with my life, question if I’m listening to my intuition, and really encourages me to be an all around better person. It’s fascinating to listen to the guests that Jess brings on her show. They’re so knowledgeable in so many different topics. My absolute favorite episode was with Elizabeth Gilbert, the author of Eat Pray Love and Big Magic. It was so inspiring and I had so many “aha moments” when I was listening to it that I think I’ve probably listened to the episode at least a dozen times now and I can almost guarantee you I’ll listen to it a dozen more times. Her most recent episodes about Passion with Alissa Vitti are absolutely incredible as well. If you love more of an inspirational, motivational podcast, this is the podcast for you!
4. Magic Lessons: There are very few episodes to this podcast and it does not appear that they’re adding more, but this podcast is by none other than Elizabeth Gilbert herself! She provides little mini “Magic Lessons” as a spin off on her book Big Magic with her readers. It’s so great to hear them talk through things they’re struggling with and make a plan of how they’re going to do better. I’ve gotten so many great ideas from this podcast and Liz is just phenomenal. If I could sit down for coffee or tea with one person, it would be Elizabeth Gilbert!
5. Marriage More: This podcast is created by the adorable couple, Jeff and Mandy Rose. I love the silly little banters they have with each other on this podcast centered around “how to make your marriage more.” I firmly believe that no matter how happy you are in your marriage, there’s always room for improvement. I love listening to this podcast when we’re in a bit of a marriage funk or even on the days when we’re so darn in love it’s sickening! They have a few episodes on the 5 Love Languages—something I think every married couple should look into!
Also: I just finished listening to Serial Season 1 and it completely sucked me in. I’ll now be listening to Undisclosed as much as possible to get even more information on Adnan Syed’s case! Goodness gracious it’s addicting– but don’t say I didn’t warn ya!
And that’s that! They’re all seriously so fabulous. I would love to put on my own podcast someday, but from what I heard they take a lot of time to edit and produce. I can’t even imagine! Heck, I haven’t even done my Coffee Date videos in eons because it takes so long to simply record and upload them. I can’t imagine the time these folks put into their podcasts each and every week. Bless their hearts, though, because I’m so very thankful for the entertainment and information they provide!
Do you listen to podcasts?
What are your favorite podcasts?