This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SilkSipToSpoon #CollectiveBias
Whenever I go out for coffee, there’s always two drinks I’m torn between: a Chai tea latte or a Caramel Macchiato. It’s always such a tough decision, but more often than not, I decide upon the Caramel Macchiato. They’re so sweet, the caffeine level is on point, and anything with caramel has me swooning! Iced or hot, there’s just nothing quite like a good cup of caramel macchiato to take my day from blah to incredible. Am I right?
Since we all know how much a caramel macchiato costs from the specialty coffee shops (far too much) and we know how many calories can go into them as well (especially if you typically get yours with whole milk like I do), I’ve set out to make a much simpler at home version. So simple in fact, you can easily whip one up on your way out the door! And it’s also made using the dairy-free Silk® Hazelnut Almond Creamer which adds a delicious nutty flavor! Seriously… this stuff is good.
1. 2 tablespoons of vanilla syrup
2. 1 cup of Silk® Hazelnut Almond Creamer; steamed with foam
3. 3 tablespoons of caramel sauce
4. ½ cup fresh espresso
1. Make espresso. I used a reusable k-cup container and made 4oz of espresso in my Keurig. If you have a fancy espresso maker, by all means, have at it!
2. Add frothed Silk Almond Milk Creamer to espresso once finished and add in the caramel sauce and vanilla syrup.
3. May top with whipped cream and additional caramel sauce if you wish!
See, I told you they were easy! And trust me—this variety is all kinds of delicious, too. It’s also dairy free, for those of you who are lactose-intolerant or do not consume dairy for one reason or another. Not only is Silk Almond Milk creamer delicious in this caramel macchiato recipe, but it’s also great in a freshly brewed cup of coffee as well. I’m not a black coffee drinker, so having a delicious coffee creamer on hand (especially when I don’t have time to make my own) is huge! It comes in two other flavors as well– vanilla and caramel. Mmm!
Just think of all the money you’ll save making your caramel macchiatos at home, now!
What’s your favorite coffee drink to order?
Have you ever considered making it at home?