Let me just make one thing clear here: “Boka” means “mouth” in Spanish! Did you know that? Just a good ol’ fun fact to start your day!
Anyways, today I’m going to be sharing with you some of my most tried and true tricks to keeping your “Boka” clean! A clean mouth, shiny teeth, and fresh breath are all important things to have and maintain. Teeth that aren’t in tip-top condition can have harsh effects on the health of your entire body, actually– it’s pretty crazy when you think about it. Good news, though. When it comes to a healthy mouth there’s a no-nonsense way to make sure to keeping your mouth healthy and clean! Let me share!
Tips to Keeping Your Mouth Clean:
1. Brush 2-3 Times Daily: This is huge, my friends. You’re just not going to have good oral hygiene if you’re not brushing your teeth regularly. Any dentist you ask will tell you to brush your teeth immediately after eating, consuming any sugary beverages, or eating any sugary candy. It’s best to get that crud off your teeth sooner rather than later to help prevent tooth decay.
2. Floss Everyday: This is always a hard one for me to stick to, if I’m just being honest. I love that freshly flossed feeling (especially after eating popcorn), but if you’re not doing it regularly it can be quite painful! One tip is to floss your teeth daily for at least 7 days. After about 3 days or so, it shouldn’t hurt so bad and by day 7, flossing should become second nature for you!
3. Swish With Coconut Oil Weekly: Coconut oil has so many wonderful benefits for your oral health and beyond. Coconut oil is both antibacterial and anti fungal and can assist in getting rid of those bad breath germs, plaque, and help to prevent tooth decay! (I’m a FIRM believer in coconut oil, if you haven’t guessed!)
4. Switch Your Tooth Brush Every 3 Months: Even though Boka’s toothbrushes contain Binchotan activated charcoal bristles, which naturally helps prevent bacteria from growing on your brush, you should still switch out your toothbrush every 3 months. And if you’re sick (especially with strep throat), you should ditch the toothbrush right away!
5. Choose a Natural Toothpaste: I love that Boka’s toothpaste only contains natural ingredients and essential oils like peppermint and mint. It contains absolutely no sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), fluoride, triclosan, artificial flavors or parabens– none of that awful stuff!
I’m a little bit obsessed with Boka’s service. I love that I can always count on them to deliver me a new box of goodies to keep mine and my family’s teeth sparkling clean and keep our breath oh so fresh! I can receive a Boka box every 3 months delivered right to my front door. No needing to remember it’s new tooth brush time when I get around to making my weekly grocery lists. They just remember for me– and I’m perfectly okay with that!
You can grab your own Boka box at a 25% discount from now until 4/15/16 using the code SUNNY25! Take advantage of that HERE!
How do you keep your smile bright and your boka healthy?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.