I’ll just say it. Those of us gals with classes don’t have it the easiest when it comes to make-up. Sure, we can apply our make-up just like any other person, but sometimes it takes a special touch and a few special tips and tricks to get it to look just right when wearing glasses. I wear my glasses every single day as of late since I find that my contacts are too bothersome to my eyes due to the amount of time I spend on the computer at work– so I’ve become well versed on make-up and glasses. It’s a fine balance, let me tell you, but let me let you in on some of the tips and tricks I’ve accumulated over the years!
1. Use an Eyelash Curler: There’s nothing worse than the annoying feeling of your eyelashes hitting the lenses of your glasses. Those of you who wear glasses and mascara are nodding your heads right now! It’s just a pain. To alleviate the annoyance, just curl your eyelashes slightly with an eyelash curler to keep your eyelashes away from your glasses.
2. Fill in Your Eyebrows: Your glasses will accentuate your eyebrows even more so than if you weren’t wearing glasses. Don’t forget to fill them in with a pencil or some powder. Defined brows can make all the difference in your look!
3. Leave Glasses on to Apply Blush: I’m not sure where I originally caught wind of this tip, but it’s a fabulous one. You want your blush to fall on the apples of your cheeks typically, however, if you where glasses, sometimes the frames can impede this area. Leave your glasses on when applying your blush and apply it just below the frames– voila– problem solved!
4. Keep Eye Make-Up Simple: I like to keep things very simple with my eye make-up when I’m wearing my glasses. Frames can add a lot of noise to your face as is and adding a cat-eye, extra mascara, and a plethora of eye shadow isn’t going to do you any favors!
5. Try a Bold Lip: Draw attention away from your specs with a pretty bold lip. I like to go with the peachy hues, but if you’re a bold red lip kind of a girl, I say go for it!
And you’ve GOT to enter this awesome VSP Direct’s Frame Your Fashion Sweepstakes! You simply enter a photo of yourself here! You could win an eyewear style consult with a VSP style expert and designer sunglasses– winners chosen weekly– or you could win the grand prize of one year of VSP Direct insurance and a $250 gift card! Now that’s a prize I would love to win! Enter weekly between 3/21/16 to 5/25/16 for a chance at weekly prizes and a chance at the grand prize!
How do you style your glasses for spring?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.