This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpringCreations #CollectiveBias
For many people, especially over Mother’s Day weekend, spring time means gardening time! We’re still working on getting settled in our new home and getting the indoors settled, organized and put together, but I don’t want to sacrifice having the beauty of an outdoor garden as well. Every spring, one of my favorite things to do is to buy some vegetables, herbs, and flowers and make beautiful container gardens and plant flowers in a flower bed or flower box.
The color of flowers just brings me so much joy this time of year– you know? After a white and brown winter full of dull colors and sloppy roads, the colors that come with spring are so very welcomed!
I thought it would be fun to make the garden even more special by adding our very own homemade garden markers. They’re so easy to make, you’ll have to try out this super simple DIY for yourself!
1. Black poster board
2. Chalk pen
3. Scotch® Brand Permanent Mounting Tape
5. Wooden sticks or popsicle sticks
Bonus: Use Command™ Hooks to hang-up your gardening tools to keep them organized and within easy reach! You can hang them up, they’ll hold and stay in place, and then they come off easily and clean when you’re ready to take them down! Perfect if you’re renting!
If you’re looking for the Command™ and Scotch® Brand products listed above, I recommend looking in the crating aisle at Walmart– they have so many great craft things to spark your imagination! I love that they literally have any product needed to get your creative juices flowing and literally any product you need to stock your craft room and have a fun craft night with your girlfriends. The products go on strong, but come off clean. Make a mistake? Need to make a change? No problem!
1. Using the scissors, cut out a rectangular shape. You can customize the size to fit your unique style, preference, and according to the available space you have in the garden. Cut out two per each marker you will create.
2. Write with the chalk marker the name of the plant you’d like to mark in your garden.
3. Using the Scotch® Brand Permanent Mounting tape, cut into 2″ pieces and adhere the chalkboard-style markers to a wooden stake.
4. After planting your garden, put your garden markers in to create a cute rustic aesthetic and so you remember what you planted in the first place!
Such a simple and fun craft to do for a mom’s night out, girls night out, or just a fun adult crafting night!
Doesn’t this just make ya want to garden? I can tell you one thing, with this pregnancy I’ve been craving grape and cherry tomatoes something fierce, so you better believe we’ll be planting plenty of tomato plants this spring! Might as well pick them right off the vine for free, right?
What have you planted or what will you plant in your garden this spring?