This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SnackBrighter #CollectiveBias
Unbeknownst to me, smoothie bowls have become a seriously delicious sensation all over the Instagram and blogging world. Where in the world have I been? They’re not only food for the eyes, but they’re also so yummy, refreshing, and a sweet treat perfect for the summer heat.
Smoothie bowls are a pretty easy concept. You essential make a smoothie, put it in a bowl and add your favorite fruit and vegetable toppings. Chia seeds, greek yogurt, coconut flakes, peanut butter, and even avocado are all great smoothie bowl companions as well!
1. Outshine Fruit Bars: Strawberry + Coconut
2. 5 Fresh strawberries, quartered
3. Bananas, sliced
4. Blueberries, whole
5. 2 teaspoons of Chia seeds
6. 1/2 cup Plain greek yogurt
7. Handful of Spinach
1. Blend up Outshine Fruit Bars, both strawberry and coconut together in a blender.
2. Next, add 1 sliced banana, 3 quartered strawberries, a couple of blueberries, teaspoon of chia seeds, greek yogurt, and spinach and blend until smooth.
3. Put your blended ingredients into a bowl.
4. Top with additional strawberries, blueberries, bananas, and chia seeds.
One of my favorite parts of this simple little recipe is including the Outshine fruit bars. It’s a delicious component that’s essentially two ingredients in one! You won’t need to add any juice and you won’t need ice cubes either. The Outshine fruit bars have it covered! Not to mention, Outshine Fruit Bars are good to have on hand during the hot summer months (or really any month) to keep you cool and cure your sweet tooth with real fruit, real veggies, real juice, and real yogurt. I love that they only use real ingredients and they’re even planning to be completely GMO free by the end of the year! And the countless number of flavors will keep even the pickiest member of your family (I’m looking at you Alea) happy! Never tried Outshine fruit bars before? Walmart is hosting sampling demos on the weekends of 5/21/16 – 7/14/16. Be sure to check with your local Walmart to see exact times.
Not to mention, Outshine is hosting a fabulous summer sweepstakes giving you a chance to win a $5,000 backyard refresh! PLUS lots of fun summertime prizes available daily! You just have to text “Snack Brighter” to 30364 or enter at walmart.com/outshine!
What ingredients will you include in your smoothie bowl?