This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FeedYourFoodie #CollectiveBias
I’ve been working like a dog lately… I love my job, don’t get me wrong, but working while pregnant when all I really want to do is sleep, kick my feet up and eat cheese puffs on the couch makes work just a little more rougher than usual. (If I’m just being honest!) Being I’m hungry 92% of the time these days, I’ve become somewhat of a pro at packing my lunch and lots of snacks for work.
Cory even jokes that my work bag doubles as a grocery store.
He says something along the lines of, “Maybe your back wouldn’t hurt so bad if you didn’t carry a grocery store in your work bag.” You know, that sorta thing! Haha!
1. Lean Cuisines: I’m a
big huge fan of Lean Cuisines as quick, easy, and inexpensive lunches to toss into my lunch box. It takes the prep work out of my routine and I’m not a big leftover eater. Not to mention, the new Lean Cuisine Marketplace meals include organic ingredient options, protein packed options, and gluten-free options as well! Just a few of my favorite flavors include: LEAN CUISINE® MARKETPLACE Cheese & Fire-Roasted Chile Tamale, LEAN CUISINE® MARKETPLACE Thai – Style Ginger Beef, LEAN CUISINE® MARKETPLACE Chicken Tikka Masala and LEAN CUISINE® MARKETPLACE Southwest – Style Potato Bake. Yum, yum and YUM! There’s so many different choices to suit all of your cravings and moods. (You can find them at Walmart!)
2. Salad: I try and get my veggies in for the day by having a salad with my Lean Cuisine meal. It’s a great balance and continues with the healthier lunch options theme!
1. Nuts: Nuts like pistachios, almonds, and cashews are packed with protein and great for keeping you full longer while you’re working away at your desk and they’re easy enough to munch on while you’re working, too. Also, having to shell the pistachios can help give your mind that extra time to know that it’s getting full.
2. Fruit: I have a banana everyday in the morning at work and it’s by far the easiest to grab and go! I also like cut up watermelon and grapes! The sweetness of fruit is the perfect way to cure my sweet tooth so I’m not diving into the infamous candy drawer head first after lunchtime.
3. Veggies: Sweet pea pods, carrots, and celery sticks are a few of my favorite vegetables to munch on at work. They’re easy to toss into a baggie and nosh on while you’re on-the-go!
4. Protein Bars/Shakes: Protein is my best friend. I’ve entered that period of pregnancy where I can only eat small amounts at a time, so my protein bar and protein shake are my extra little meals throughout the day when I can only eat so much at breakfast and lunch without feeling stuffed full!
It may take a little effort at the beginning of the week to prep your fruits, veggies, nuts, and protein bars and shakes for the week, but at least grabbing the LEAN CUISINE® MARKETPLACE Cheese & Fire-Roasted Chile Tamale or the LEAN CUISINE® MARKETPLACE Thai – Style Ginger Beef make lunch time preparations all kinds of easy!
That is the Lean Cuisine Thai-Style Ginger Beef and yes it’s as delicious as it looks!
What do you pack in your work lunch bag?