I have been compensated by Sundown Naturals® and Pollinate Media Group for this post as part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Sundown Naturals® but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #GoodnessGiveaway #sharethegoodness http://my-disclosur.es/OBstV.
Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I’m truly proud of myself for how much more health-conscious I am with this pregnancy than I was when I was pregnant with Alea. I’ve been more physically active, more emotionally and mentally healthy with the use of yoga and meditation and I’ve also been more careful about the foods that I choose to consume. It’s almost a night and day difference from chasing through the drive-thru every chance I got… yikes!
The two biggest changes I’ve made is practicing yoga to help manage my back pain and also making sure my body is getting the correct and adequate amount of vitamins from the food I eat and the Sundown Naturals® supplements I take. When it comes to yoga, I’ve taught myself a series of poses that have worked wonders in terms of my posture and supporting my ever expanding abdominal muscles and helped to improve the strain on my back muscles as well. I’d like to share a few of these poses with you today. Feel free to get comfy and do the poses right along with the photos!
1. Tree Pose: Stand straight-up with you legs together. Place the heal of one foot on the knee of the opposite leg and then either elevate your arms above your head or at your sides to aid in balance. Hold for 10-20 seconds at a time. Then switch legs.
2. Upward Facing Dog: This can be a difficult one for pregnant women to get in, since it is not plausible to lay on the belly. Starting at your knees, lower your body onto your thighs supporting yourself with your arms outstretched in front of you. While resting on your thighs, arch your back and raise your chin to the ceiling as if you’re attempting to look behind you.
3. Warrior Pose: Start with your legs shoulder-width apart. Twist your right foot so it is pointing directly to your right. Lunge forward on that leg, but do not let your knee pass the tip of your toes. Outstretch your arms so they are parallel with your shoulders. Hold for 10-20 seconds and switch to the left side.
4. Wall Plank Pose: Place your palms against a wall and stand at arms length away from the wall. Lean the weight of your body into the wall and lower your head and shoulders so they’re parallel with your arms. Stretch your back and bottom out so your back is level with the floor. Hold for 20-30 seconds.
5. Butterfly Pose: Sitting on the floor with your feet touching each other. Keep your knees wide to create the “wings” of the butterfly. Gently relax your legs and knees so they lower to the floor naturally.
All of these poses are easy enough to do after waking, before going to bed, or both and they’re all great for stretching back, leg and abdominal muscles and supporting proper posture. I’ve seen a noticeable difference by doing these simple poses every day!
Even Alea likes to play along!
Now let’s talk more about these vitamins! Thankfully the morning sickness has passed, but since I still have trouble swallowing pills, I love that a wide variety of Sundown Naturals® vitamins come in gummy form! It makes taking my vitamins so much more tolerable and delicious, too! As for supplements in this pregnancy I’m currently taking Sundown Naturals® B12 for energy metabolism, Fish Oil for heart, bone and skin health, and Calcium with Vitamin D3 for bone and teeth health. They all come in delicious flavors and they’re all great to take in pregnancy along with the Sundown Naturals® prenatal vitamin. If you’re thinking of adding supplements to your regimen, be sure to consult your physician first to be sure they do not interact with other medications you may be taking. I love that Sundown Naturals® are free of gluten, dairy and artificial flavors◊.
I grabbed all of these vitamins at my local Walmart and continue to stock-up when I stop there on my way home from work as they have products you can trust for the entire family. Also, don’t forget to enter the Goodness Giveaway Sweepstakes today! Head into Walmart and purchase at least 1 Sundown Naturals® vitamin product for a chance to win weekly prize packages and a grand prize! Every week, one winner will be selected to choose from 1 of 4 prize packs – Yogi Pack, Fitness Pack, Foodie Pack, or a $100 Walmart Gift Card. Simply upload a picture of your receipt here and you are entered for a chance to win some incredible prizes now through 11/1!
How did you stay healthy during your pregnancy?
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. ◊Applies to all products manufactured after 5/1/15. Please check back of label as manufacture dates may vary.