This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WrapGiveRepeat #CollectiveBias
I can’t be the only person who literally just figured out the proper way to wrap a present within the last couple of years, right? I really thought I was a lost cause, but after a couple of YouTube videos and a whole lot of practice, I actually feel pretty confident and pretty proud of my gift wrapping abilities. Last year I even stepped up my game with ribbons, bows, bakers twine, and cute little clothespins for the gift tags. I got so many compliments that I’m even more excited to wrap presents again this year!
I thought it would be fun to do a quick little step-by-step tutorial to demonstrate how to properly and beautifully wrap a present! It’s really not as hard as it may seem.
1. Wrapping Paper
2. Scotch® brand Gift Wrap Tape 3 Pack Caddie
4. Ribbon and/or bakers twine
6. And a gift of course!
1. Unroll your wrapping paper and set your present on top. Fold the wrapping paper over your present to ensure you will cut enough, but not too much.
2. Cut your wrapping paper carefully in a straight line.
3. Place your present upside down in the center of the cut wrapping paper.
4. Wrap the paper around the gift and secure with tape in the center. If the present is longer or larger, you may need to add an additional piece of tape on each side.
5. Next, you’ll need to fold up the edges of the gift.
6. Fold in each corner to create a triangle (or an almost triangle depending on how much paper you have left– this is a good time to cut off any excess). I secure each corner with a small piece of tape to ensure that it stays folded neatly and does not come undone during the next step.
7. Next, fold the straight end you created over and up towards the top of the gift. Press firmly across the crease to make sure it lays flat. Secure with a piece of tape.
8. Now is the fun part! You can add ribbon, bakers twine, bows– whatever your little heart desires!
Bonus Wrapping Tips:
* Don’t forget to remove price tags before you wrap! (This is one I have to remind myself of frequently.
* Put oddly shaped gifts into a box if possible. This makes wrapping so much easier.
* Cut off excess wrapping paper. If you use too much wrapping paper, it can cause your finished product to look messy rather than seamless and neat.
Remember to grab the Scotch® Heavy Duty Shipping Tape with Bonus if you’re shipping packages this year, as well. We have a lot of family out of town and we’re planning on spending this Christmas in Wisconsin, so we’ll be shipping a lot of presents. I couldn’t live without this stuff!
Don’t forget to head to Walmart and stock up on all of your wrapping supplies. You can save on Scotch® brand products with Rollback! It’s always nice to have the necessities on hand so you can wrap as you buy presents or as presents come in the mail. That way you’re not stuck wrapping all of the presents the night before Christmas or rushing to wrap right before a Christmas party. Also keep in mind that your purchase of the Scotch® Gift Wrap Tape 3 Pack Caddie includes a donation to the Fisher House. Fisher House is a charity that provides comfort homes to military and veterans families where they can stay while their loved one is receiving treatment. Such a great and worthy cause! Scotch® brand is donating $200,000 Fisher House this holiday season!
How long did it take you to perfect your gift wrapping?
How do you make your holiday gifts unique?