We’re getting out and about a lot more lately, so I make sure to always keep our diaper bag stocked and ready to go. There’s so many things I like to have on hand for those “just in case” moments while we’re out of the house. Sure, you can’t take everything with you and sometimes we don’t use some of the things in our diaper bag, but having them on hand give me a little peace of mind when we’re away from home.
Must Have Items in Our Diaper Bag:
1. Diapers: Duh, you’ve gotta have diapers in your diaper bag. Our favorites right now are the Luvs Ultra Leakguards with NightLock Plus™. These diapers have tabs with a little extra stretch, are super absorbent to protect from leaks, they’re super soft, and they’re less expensive than other brands out there.
2. Wipes: Gotta have wipes on hand for diaper changes, wiping baby hands and faces, and wiping off toys after they’ve dropped on the floor.
3. Nursing Cover: You never know when baby is going to get hungry or where you’ll be when hunger strikes. I personally don’t feel comfortable nursing without a cover, so I always have one on hand if we need to nurse in the car or while out-and-about.
4. Burp Cloths: Mckenna is still at the age where spit happens. 😉 She usually spits-up after each feeding, so it’s a must have to have a burp cloth on hand to clean up.
5. An Extra Set of Clothes: This goes without saying, doesn’t it? Babies have the occasional messy diaper that require an extra set of clothes. That’s just the way the world works. It’s like death and taxes– only with poopy diapers!
6. Extra Binky: Mckenna loves her binky and I never want to be without one. I keep an extra in a pacifier holder on the handle of her diaper bag so it’s easy to grab when we need it.
7. Toys: Mckenna is getting much more interactive and she loves to stay busy with a few of her favorite toys. I try and keep a few that she doesn’t see too often in her diaper bag so it’s like a brand new toy for her to investigate and figure out!
8. White Noise Machine: Mckenna loves having noise in the background while she sleeps, but now that she’s getting older some of the louder background noise is starting to bother her while she sleeps. I miss those newborn days where she would sleep through anything! Having a white noise machine on hand is absolutely amazing. Ours clips to the stroller, the diaper bag, or you can set it just about anywhere. So nice!
If you’re headed out on a diaper run, don’t forget this awesome $2 off LUV’s coupon! Every dollar counts when you have kiddos and it’s so nice to save a couple bucks on diapers, wouldn’t you agree?
What must-have items do you have in your diaper bag?