We made our very first trip to Trader Joes over the holiday weekend, and I have to say it met ALL of my expectations. I wish I would’ve thought to bring a cooler and ice along so we could’ve bought more cold and freezer items. (Our closest Trader Joes is about 1.5 hours away!) I would’ve walked out with a heck of a lot more, that’s for sure! I totally get the Trader Joes hype now, though. Absolutely. The prices are awesome, the products are cute, from what I’ve eaten they taste pretty good, and it’s such a friendly and fun environment to shop in. Alea also had a blast looking for NeNe the goose– and was all kinds of excited to get a sucker from the cashier when she told him where she found her! Cute touch, Trader Joes!
1. Cantaloupe Slices: Mckenna is starting to eat solid fruits lately, so I thought I’d grab these to have on hand for her to chew on while we still feed her purees. She’s also teething, so the cool fruit on her gums will feel good as well.
2. Mango Slices: Same as above. Plus, I just really really love mango!
3. Coconut Oil: We needed some more coconut oil and I’ve heard Trader Joes has some good stuff. I use coconut oil for just about everything. It’s like the Windex in My Big Fat Greek Wedding, ya know.
4. Coffee Cups: I was out of k-cups and this seemed like a pretty good deal. 12 cups for $4.99! I’m looking forward to trying it with a scoop of coconut oil and a little creamer. I’m slowly trying to wean myself from my addiction to non-dairy creamer. I’ll let you know how that goes… 😉
5. Soyaki: I saw this on a list of “must have items” to buy at Trader Joes. I’m looking forward to marinating some chicken with it and tossing them on the grill one of these nights! Mmm Mmm good!
6. Salt Water Taffy: One of my favorite sweet treats!
7. Triple Berry Instant Hot Cereal: I eat oatmeal every single morning for breakfast. They say oats help with milk supply and I’ve just eaten a bowl just about everyday since I gave birth to Mckenna and I’m too worried my milk supply with decrease if I don’t eat it! Ha!
8. Everything Bagel Seasoning: I’m not quite sure what I’m going to use this for yet, but I was told I HAD to get some! #PeerPressure
9. Cookie Butter: Because, duh.
10. Kale Chips: I can just never seem to get homemade kale chips right. I’m not quite sure what I’m doing wrong? If you have any tips or tricks to the perfect homemade kale chips, I’m all ears! (But seriously… help!) In the meantime, I’m super excited to give these a try. They’re supposed to be a little spicy, too! Yum!
11. Mini Heirloom Tomatoes: I have an addiction to grape and cherry tomatoes this time of year. Like I literally can’t get enough of them all summer long. These are perfectly sweet and make a great snack!
12. Kettle Cooked Chicken Noodle Soup: And the first thing my husband said when he saw this? “Soup? In the summertime?” Dude… it’s an easy dinner. I pinky promise to make it on a rainy day! I could honestly eat soup any day of the year. It’s one of my favorite foods! Him on the other hand? He’s what I’d call a “seasonal eater.”
13. Matcha Green Tea: I’ve heard such amazing things about the health benefits of matcha green tea and I’ve always wanted to give it a try. This was extra appealing as they come in single-serving sized pouches. Easy is the name of the game, folks!
14. Salads: I bought a couple of the ready-made salads for easy work lunches. Sometimes when I’m running a little behind in the morning, it’s all about convenience and having something on hand that’s easy to just toss in my lunch bag! I’m REALLY stoked to try the Southwest Salad!
15. Instant Oatmeal Cups: As with above, sometimes I just don’t have the extra time in the morning to eat breakfast before I leave. When that happens, I love having these oatmeal cups I can grab on my way out the door. These sounded extra delicious with chia and flax!
Not Pictured: Bananas, watermelon, and sushi. Simply because I forgot! Oops!
What are some of your must-have items from Trader Joes?