Okay, like I mentioned in the last post I feel like I need to get “caught up” and give you all an update on what’s been going on in our lives since I’ve been a little absent from this space. I’ve shared quite a bit on Instagram stories, but otherwise I’ve been kind of quiet on social media as well.
Ever since I decided I was going to put more time and effort into this space again, I’ve been overflowing with different ideas for blog post topics and different creative ideas for photos. It feels so good to be brainstorming, making lists, scheduling out posts, taking photos, and it’s nice to have a little creativity running through my veins again.
Anyways, here’s the random mishmash of things we’ve been up to, accomplishments we’ve had, activities we’ve participated in and after writing this out I guess we have been a little busy lately! Ooph!
1. We went to Disney World in March and Alea is already planning our next trip. It was a busy, busy time to go but we had such a great time and made some really great memories as a family. Expect a re-cap post (better late than never) in the near future!
2. Alea is going into third grade and I can hardly believe it.
3. Mckenna is 20 months old– WHAAAT?
4. Cory is still doing the real estate and volunteer firefighter gig. This is a very, very busy time of year for him so the girls and I just try to stay flexible around his ever-changing schedule.
5. I’m still working as a registered nurse in the clinic float pool. I love floating and the variety that it brings!
6. I’ve been putting off going back to school for my bachelors… like a lot. I’m not ready, but I gotta do it!
7. Alea is playing softball this summer for the first time & it’s so fun to watch her learn something new.
8. I finished my 4th round of Whole30 last month. It wasn’t a perfect Whole30, but I felt like it helped reset my eating habits again.
9. I reached my goal weight a couple of months ago and surpassed it by about 5lbs. I was aiming for my pre-pregnancy weight with Mckenna and now I’m pretty darn happy where I’m at and just want to maintain.
10. I’ve ran three 5k races and one 4mi race so far this summer.
11. My PR 5k time has been 28:12 and I’m pretty stinkin’ proud of that.
12. I have registered for a 10k in August. EEK.
13. I’d love to run a half marathon someday, but I’m not sure I could ever do a full.
14. I spent some time organizing a little desk area in the playroom on my day off the other day and am really pleased with how it turned out. More to come!
15. Mckenna has been so sweet at bedtime recently. She loves when I rock her and sing her lullabies and then when I finish a song she signs and says “more”. It melts my heart.
16. Alea survived 4 days and 3 nights at a Harry Potter themed Girl Scout camp! She basically had the time of her life and I really don’t think she even missed us!
17. Mckenna is obsessed with Daniel Tiger right now… like OBSESSED!
18. I honestly don’t even think Mckenna likes Elmo all too much anymore… I never thought that would happen.
19. We have a trip planned to the Kalahari in Wisconsin Dells coming up—I’ll definitely be sharing more on that!
20. I have a new found love for plain iced lattes with oat milk. But, I don’t love the price.
21. Cory and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary together on June 28th.
22. Have you tried Spindrift yet? Because both Alea and I are obsessed with the lemon flavor.
23. Bubly is okay, too. But I’ve only tried the mango flavor so far.
24. I just started selling some of my old (but seriously barely worn) clothes on Poshmark! You should check them out!
25. I bought a new planner and just started it this month. I’m a little annoyed that I got myself on a July new planner rotation because it feels more natural to start a new planner in January, but I’ll survive.
26. Mckenna pooped on the potty twice in the last month!
27. The most recent time she said “potty” and we asked her if she needed to go potty. She replied with, “No” but then went and grabbed two books and said “potty” again. Cory took her to her potty chair and SHE DID IT!!!
28. Considering she usually poops in the bath tub (no joke, just about every time) it was a pretty big deal!
29. We finally used our Children’s Museum membership for the first time since the girls got it for Christmas in December. Ooops!
30. I’ve made it a point to rid my life of some toxic relationships this year. I’ll go more into it later, but it’s been the best thing I could’ve ever done for myself and my mental health.
31. Cory & I went to the Chris Young, Kane Brown, and Morgan Evans concert in May. I didn’t think my love for Kane brown could grow anymore… but it most certainly did!
32. Alea performed in her first dance recital for tap and ballet. Boy oh boy was that a shocker. I didn’t realize how intense it would be with all of the rehearsals and outfit changes, but it was well worth the stress to see her dance up on stage for the first time!
33. We walked in our 4th parade with my husband’s real estate company. I can’t believe it’s already been four years– wow!
34. Mckenna’s current favorite activity? Going for walks to go visit the horses and cows. I love that we live somewhere where those things are within walking distance. AND! I found llamas. We drove to visit those, but it’ll make for a little bit of a longer walk when we go visit those funny looking friends!
35. I’M SO HAPPY TO BE BLOGGING AGAIN!
There! I think that just about does it. If you’ve made it this far you deserve a gold medal and a big hug! I just felt like after my blogging hiatus, I needed to get this little space of mine and the people in it caught up on our life happenings!